PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ridden the new Simpsons Ride?

goofysbabe
05-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Just curious if anyone has ridden this new ride yet. If so let us know all about it :)

Rockstar Boyfriends
05-07-2008, 11:47 AM
I rode the Simpsons Ride last week and it was a lot of fun. It's much smoother than Back to the Future. Tall people should not sit in the back, as the roof slopes down a bit. The ride makes a lot of jabs at different theme parks, Disney included.

NJGIRL
05-12-2008, 02:23 PM
I sounds like fun. I can't wait to ride it this fall!

2Epcot
07-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I finally got over to Universal Studios Hollywood on Monday and rode the new Simpsons ride. I also enjoyed it very much, and like it better then the old Back to the Future Ride. As mentioned before, the ride is much smoother, and matches the action on the screen very well. There are also some 4D effects thrown in that are pretty good.

:spoiler: (Only minor stuff, no ride content description)

The line queue area features a video that seems to be on a 1 hour loop. This is very well done and funny, mixing old clips from Simpsons episodes with new wide format video of the Simpsons, Krusty and Itchy & Scratchy related to "Krusty Land" (the park inside the park that the Simpsons ride is supposed to be located.)

Here in Hollywood, the gift shop is made to look like a Kwik-E mart inside and out. Like Back to the Future, there are two pre-show areas. The first pre-show is where several lines form to enter the ride vehicles. There are video screens on both sides and in front of the lines. While you wait here various characters talk to you from "booths" located on each side.
The screens in front give instructions and begin setting up the story for the ride.

Later your group enters the individual waiting areas for the 2nd pre-show which continues the set up for the ride story, and is where you enter the vehicles. The building structure wasn't altered much, so entering the vehicles is much like Back to the Future. Once on the ride, the overall show I believe is better, and much more enjoyable. I rode it twice and ended up in the back row both times. I think I enjoy sitting in the back better becuase it is much harder to see the other ride vehicles on each side of you, and be distracted by them.

jax86
08-20-2008, 11:49 AM
just got back from universal and we thought the simpson ride was the best in the park. my kids rode it 6 times you'll love it:)

maxrebo77
08-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Sounds cool. BTTF was one of my favorites, but I think it was time for something new. I can also see how a lot of people would like something a little smoother.
Spending a day at Universal next month. Even bought a Simpsons T-shirt yesterday just for the occasion.:thumbsup: