PDA

View Full Version : I blinked my eyes and our trip was over!

Katzateer
04-30-2008, 10:22 PM
We arrived in WDW at 4pm Sunday and were back at MCO by 9am Tuesday morning. It was such a short trip - wish we could have stayed longer.

On Sunday we had a great night. We went to Epcot from about 5pm to 9pm - got to check out all the flower show exhibits and did go on Spaceship Earth. My daughter enjoyed picking her own ending.

We went to California Grill :thumbsup: and watched Wishes.

Saw the 11pm showing of Spectromagic and then closed the park at 2am.

We had a great time.

The next day (Monday) I was so tired we wandered around a lot but didn't enjoy the day as much as the first night. We did make it to Kona's which was great as always.

It was fun to go on a short trip.

One fun moment-

I was looking at the tea garden in England and passed Alice from Wonderland talking and signing autographs.

A bunny walked up between her and the line of kids. It just sat on the sidewalk-not making any attempt to move.

Alice looked at the bunny and then started talking to it like it was late for the tea party and she had been looking for it all day.

Very cute and Alice did a great improv - the kids were excited and the adults were laughing.

I liked all the updates of Spectromagic-noticed a lot of improvements. Didn't see any lights out and some of the characters in the beginning were different. Anyone know when the parade was "freshened up"?

It was fun having my birthday button on Monday-a lot of cast members wished me Happy Birthday. At Kona's the waitress brought me a special treat. And at the candy shop on Main Street I got a special treat also.

I booked a room for December. If you book before you leave the resort you get a 20% discount. I got 6 nights for $442 - including tax, etc. So now I just have to find cheap airfare for then.

The cast members seemed in good moods.
Sometimes in the past few years we have met a lot of grouchy ones.

The only place I wasn't impressed-the food court at Pop Century. The servers either did not understand English or were just rude.

Glad we got to go -wish we were still there!:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2008, 11:03 PM
But if you close your eyes tightly, you can "go" right back there! Sounds like a special trip. I like the Alice story!

Young@Heart
05-01-2008, 12:29 AM
I loved the Alice story! Even a short trip to WDW is better than a long trip anywhere else (IMO) :thumbsup:.

KineGirl
05-01-2008, 01:01 AM
I would love a short trip to WDW :cloud9: That Alice story is too much! and just goes to show how talented (DISNEY) the characters are. Glad you had fun :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-01-2008, 05:55 AM
A short birthday trip doen to see the Flowers at Epcot sounds like a wonderful idea. Happy Belated Birthday! Loved the Alice and the bunny story. I am such a fan of Spectromagic and it makes me happy to hear that it has received some freshening up. What a great deal you got for your December trip. Happy planning for that one and thanks for sharing this one. :mickey:

wdwgrl377
05-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks for sharing! Loved the Alice story too! That's so cool! :mickey:

Hull-onian
05-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Wow!! You fit in alot on your trip. It does go by fast.:bolt:

pdrlkr
05-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedSoxFan
05-01-2008, 07:34 PM
A great short trip. I love the Alice store too. Too funny.:mickey:

princessgirls
05-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like a wonderful birthday trip.

Julie:mickey:

Bethis26fan
05-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip.

BluewaterBrad
05-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Sounds like you had a good time!!:mickey:

Disneywarrior
05-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the report!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-03-2008, 10:27 PM
I love the story about the improv with the bunny. How cute.

HndrdPrcnt
05-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks so much for your trip report. It sounds like you had a great time! I would love to hit WDW again, no matter the length. However, when we do go, being that we come all the way from CA, we usually do 7-9 nights. It is great to get in our Disney fix as much as possible so that we can go a couple of years in order to be able to afford another trip.:thumbsup:

faline
05-06-2008, 11:44 AM
What a wondeful birthday celebration! It's even better that you get to go back before the end of the year!

cal5755
05-06-2008, 06:56 PM
It may have been quick but it seems like it was a great birthday trip. Especially seeing Alice and her improv. Love those magical moments!! Thanks for sharing :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
05-06-2008, 07:40 PM
What a fun time! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

castlelady36
05-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks for sharing!! I am excited to see the new spectromagic!! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
05-12-2008, 02:08 PM
The trips really fly by don't they! I feel the same way when I get home from a trip. Thanks for sharing!!:mickey: