PDA

View Full Version : Bringing food on a plane...

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I know the rules for bringing liquids on the plane... everyone gets a quart sized bag with nothing more than 3 oz bottles inside. What about food?

We have a 7:00 am flight. Can I make and bring PB&J's for my girls and have them in our carry-on? I know we can BUY food after we go through security and bring it on the plane... But can we bring sandwiches from home to eat on the plane? I would rather not have to buy them breakfast in the airport if I don't have to.:)

Beast_fanatic
04-30-2008, 10:53 PM
You can bring the PB&J sandwiches, but you could not bring the jar of jelly or peanut butter. They might do a more thorough check of your carry on, but they shouldn't have any problem with the sandwich.

OleDoleDoffin
05-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Sandwiches from home should be fine, as should other dry foods. Foods that are "runny" like applesauce or yogurt are in that restricted liquids-and-gels category.

You should also be able to buy milk, juice, or other drinks at the airport after going through security. Tell the clerk that you want to take the drink on the plane (in case it needs to be marked or sealed), and make sure you keep the receipt!

prprincess
05-01-2008, 08:28 AM
I took applesauce cups and a small bowl of fruit on the plane for my kids, and security had no problem with them. I also took crackers and cheese, and 100 Calorie Packs.