PDA

View Full Version : CWU Girls Softball Team

MaryPoppinsFan
04-30-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure if this is posted somewhere already or if its in the right place but I just got done reading the story on the Girls Softball Team, that carried an opposing player (who injured her knee) around the bases so she would get her home run even though it eliminated them from the playoffs. It was the girls first ever home run and she is a senior :) The parents of the girls must be so proud. They are going to be on GMA tomorrow morning.
If you want to read the story search for CENTRAL WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY and its on their homepage.
WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!!!:baseball:

Melanie
04-30-2008, 08:21 PM
My neighbor was just telling me about this yesterday. I love hearing these feel good stories! :)

RedSoxFan
04-30-2008, 09:21 PM
NBC Nightly News had the story on tonight. I thought it was a wonderful story.

scottgr
04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
thats cool story...Thanks :thumbsup:

katzctkpt
04-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Great Story !!:mickey:

Marker
05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
It's encouraging to see that TRUE sportsmanship still exists somewhere.

It's also a beautiful thing to see that in some circles winning is NOT the most important thing.

That's the kind of news we need to hear more of, instead of the bad behavior and celebrity garbage we're usually subjected to.

Dulcee
05-01-2008, 11:54 AM
I saw this on Good Morning America this morning. Its fantastic. The coach and the girls are perfect examples of what nonprofessional sports need to be about.