PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing chicken Strips??

cinderellagrl
04-30-2008, 07:14 PM
I was skimming through the trip report section this morning and noticed that a recent visitor commented on chicken strips being replaced by chicken nuggets at many counter service places. Can anyone else comment on this disappearance? These are a old family favorite and although we are not really into fast food, we indulge in these at least twice a trip....

TheRustyScupper
04-30-2008, 07:37 PM
1) Part of my management society includes the local Tyson manager.
2) I actually asked this question during cocktails this week.
3) He said that strips are more expensive than nuggets.
4) It takes greater care to cut out the strips, where nuggets are "chunked".
5) By that, he means, it is easy to wield a knife for nuggets, vs carving for strips.

NOTE: Something I did not know. I thought you got legs, thighs, breasts, strips from a chicken. Turns out they do 315 (YES! 315!) cuts of chicken for all their customers. Each customer has their own way they want parts. As an example, Burger King wants a different breast cut than McDonald's, and this doesn't count all the other restaurants and markets. And I thought parts were parts!

Mickey91
04-30-2008, 07:38 PM
By Dec 07 most locations had switched to the nuggets. However, unless they have changed, the nuggets, although smaller and not as filling, did taste the same as the strips. Just another way for Disney to take more $$ and give less product.

Taja
04-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Definitely don't like the change--and I haven't even tried them yet!

"Chunks" and "smaller pieces" = more processing and more stuff my body doesn't handle well.

I'm running out of reasonably priced food options at WDW!

Natazu
04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
You know, I don't think I've ever eaten a chicken strip at Disney. Is it just the CS places that changed?

KylesMom
04-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Good question, Jym. Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill all used to serve the "strips". Wonder if they've switched to nuggets too?

Katzateer
04-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Just got back yesterday-the chicken nuggets are exactly the same as the chicken strips but smaller. You get 8 nuggets as a serving.

So you are getting less for the same price since the nuggets are smaller than the strips. They taste exactly the same through.

The kids chicken nuggets are the processed, chopped ones like you would get at McDonalds.
The adult chicken nuggets are whole chicken breasts they just cut up in chunks.

I was really disappointed they changed the strips. I would have rather they raised the high price a little more and kept them the same.

Still taste great though:thumbsup:

Jared
04-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I think the chicken strips have been replaced with nuggets everywhere, including the table service restaurants. Morgan (DisneyDudet) started a popular thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=127140&highlight=chicken+strips) on this subject in March.

:tasty:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Just got back yesterday-the chicken nuggets are exactly the same as the chicken strips but smaller. You get 8 nuggets as a serving.
I was really disappointed they changed the strips. I would have rather they raised the high price a little more and kept them the same.
Still taste great though:thumbsup:
Thanks, Katzateer! I was shocked to read this one:(, and slightly relieved to see your post.
Good grief. That was one of my favorite guilty pleasures. :blush:Will have to try them out, but glad for the notice.

Mickey 101
05-01-2008, 12:58 AM
We always get the chicken strips while at WDW. Is there anything that can be done??? Some things just shouldn't be tampered with.

jans2kids
05-01-2008, 12:51 PM
If they are the same chicken strips only in smaller pieces, I wonder if it had anything to do with speeding up cooking time, a smaller chicken piece can be cooked alot faster than a larger strip, sometimes at the POP and POFQ food courts we had to wait for chicken strips to cook during the busy dinner hour.

Tegrigg
05-01-2008, 01:27 PM
That was my kids favorites!! I hope they will like the nuggets.
Been 7 times
May 24th 2008 Poly