PDA

View Full Version : Can you see fireworks from OKW?

pamlvt
04-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know if you can see the fireworks from anywhere on the OKW property? During the last few visits, we've left the parks before the fireworks started, but can always hear them. Just wondering if anyone knows of anyplace you could see them from inside OKW. We're taking our 2 foster children (9 and 11) for their first ever vacation to WDW or anywhere else for that matter. We plan on staying in the parks and seeing them, but don't know if they'll last that long as we plan to hit the parks each day as they open. I'm sure we'll take breaks, but 10/11pm is very late for them.
It would be fun to get in our pj's, have some popcorn and watch them from "home".:thumbsup:

okw2006
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
we were in bldg 62 last Nov. and could see the Epcot fireworks to the west. You could stand on the bridge on penninsular by the HH and see them:thumbsup:

KineGirl
05-01-2008, 01:38 PM
:exactly:

Also one year we were lucky enough to be able to see them out of the big bay window on our stair landing in our villa (3 br) - for the life of me I cannot remember where it was. DD & sat on the stairs and watched :cloud9:

You can def see them (Epcot not MK) from near the HH

pamlvt
05-01-2008, 09:37 PM
:DAwesome! Thanks. I figured they could be seen somewhere nearby, but never really could figure out where.
18 days!!!! I can't wait. I don't know if I'm more excited or the kids are. It'll be so much fun to see our foster children experience a Disney vacation!! In addition to my husband and I, our son 24, his wife, our daughter 21, and her fiance' are all coming to witness the "magic". We're all crazy disney enthusists.:woohoo:

KineGirl
05-02-2008, 12:05 AM
That sounds like alot of fun! My whole family are big enthusiast too and its awesome when we all get together in the World. Too much fun!! Congrats on your daughters engagement!

If you guys can stay out until 9 Illuminations at Epcot is at that time and there are several dates in May when Wishes is being done at 9 pm! Wishes is amazing! The castle, the fireworks, the Tinkerbell :cloud9: Nothing beats being there

Mrs Bus Driver
05-10-2008, 12:51 PM
When you are there ask one of the CM's they always know the best places to watch. :mickey: