PDA

View Full Version : The Incredible Hulk 2008 (Opening June 13)

NotaGeek
04-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Hmmm. Considering what a horrible mess the other Hulk movie was, this one has me nervous. Edward Norton stars, and he has been very vocal in the past about choosing GOOD movies and not just ones that pay big. Let's hope this wasn't just a paycheck for him, and it's going to be a good movie.

You can check out the Official Hulk Website (http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/) or the Yahoo pages (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808495230/info) for more info.

I have a feeling I will wait for DVD on this one ... anyone else have opinions?

Aggie97
04-30-2008, 05:17 PM
I do like Edward Norton and think he usually makes very smart film choices, but I think I'll have to wait and see what the reviews are like before I see this one in the theater. :)

IamBelle
04-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Why are they doing another one? Didn't they just make one a few years ago?

DizneyRox
04-30-2008, 06:48 PM
$$$$

Melanie
04-30-2008, 07:31 PM

I agree. I don't think it's been long enough to get rid of the bad taste in our mouth from the last one.

ChipnDaleGal
05-01-2008, 05:32 AM
I only saw the first one because I just adore Eric Bana, so without him this time I don't have a lot of interest. :(

Gooftroop5
05-02-2008, 11:21 AM
We have the 1st one on dvd. I will defininetly wait for dvd to come out if I even bother then. The only reason I have the 1st one because I got it for $1.88 the day after Thanksgiving. Glad I didn't pay anymore for it.

Jeff G
05-02-2008, 01:22 PM
This is a head scratcher how the Hulk franchise is thinking. The TV series, which I grew up to, is a classic. When Hulk came out in theaters I was pumped and saw it in the theaters to only be very disappointed. Now a few years later a new Incredible Hulk is coming to threaters. My first thought is no thank you, the original stunk. A few weeks ago though I found out that this isn't a sequel and has nothing to do with Hulk.

I am now exited and apprhensive at the same time. From what I read this movie is going back to the roots of the franchise and will be based on the original series and vows to be less cartoonish. If thats the case this could be a very good movie especially considering Edward Norton signed on. The way they buthcered the franchise name with Hulk a few years ago I still have reservations.

If this gets good reviews (and not just from critics) I may see it in the theater but if it bombs then it's renter.

BluewaterBrad
05-02-2008, 01:41 PM
The last one was bad. I think Ill wait for the dvd also!:mickey:

MickeyandTink
05-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I agree the last Hulk was a real stinker. You could tell from the previews alone it would be a waste of money. :down:

However, I'm willing to see if they can get it right this time. I remember a few years ago when they made Batman Begins and I wondered "Another Batman movie? Didn't they already cover the story with the Michael Keaton one?" I was very pleasantly surprised that Batman Begins was a much better movie (for me anyway), although Jack Nicholson was an awesome Joker. Maybe this Hulk won't be too bad.

kakn7294
05-03-2008, 12:40 AM
I think they did another one because the last one was such a stinker - they want us all to love this one and forget that other one existed. Actually, from the previews that I saw today, it doesn't look bad and I'll probably end up seeing it. I didn't see the last one - DH did and said it was so bad that I didn't want to. If the comic book fan in my house hated it, it must have been really bad!

PirateLover
06-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Anyone planning to catch this one? I saw it this afternoon. Believe it or not, only a few weeks ago I had zero interest. The Hulk was not particularly a favorite of mine... but after seeing Iron Man, I got back into the super hero mood and we decided to go see this one after all. It was pretty good! Of course Norton is just an excellent actor. I liked Iron Man better, but this was still a solid movie. Pay attention for the little tie-ins with other Marvel storylines (Stark Industries) throughout the movie. And for those of you who hate staying through credits, you're in luck. There is no scene after the credits, but the very last scene of the movie will leave you smiling if you saw Iron Man.

kaerbear178
06-13-2008, 08:38 PM
We just saw it and I had exactly the same feelings as you. I couldn't stand the first Hulk and never really cared to see the new one. My husband is a fan, though so we went and saw it this afternoon as well. I agree...it was decent! Not my favorite superhero movie, but worth seeing. I was also smiling at the end!

The Reservoir Dog
06-14-2008, 05:14 AM
Here is a review in one of our national newspapers yesterday. I can safely say that this reviewer did not enjoy this film but his review should give everyone a good laugh.

Review in white in case of spoilers.

The Incredible Hulk

(Cert 12A)

Peter Bradshaw
Friday June 13, 2008
The Guardian

'Critic exit cinema miffed' ... The Incredible Hulk

"Hulk. Smash!" Yes. Hulk. Smash. Yes. Smash. Big Hulk smash. Smash cars. Buildings. Army tanks. Hulk not just smash. Hulk also go rarrr! Then smash again. Smash important, obviously. Smash Hulk's USP. What Hulk smash most? Hulk smash all hope of interesting time in cinema. Hulk take all effort of cinema, effort getting babysitter, effort finding parking, and Hulk put great green fist right through it. Hulk crush all hopes of entertainment. Hulk in boring film. Film co-written by star. Edward Norton. Norton in it. Norton write it. Norton not need gamma-radiation poisoning to get big head. Thing is: Hulk head weirdly small. Compared with rest of big green body.

Hulk not scary. Hulk look like Shrek. Wait. Critic have ... second thought. Hulk look like Shrek when Shrek turn handsome, in Shrek 2. Like Gordon Brown. Hulk rubbish. Hulk not look powerful. Especially when Hulk do jumpy bouncy floaty thing. Over New York buildings. Then Hulk look wussy. Big. Yet wussy. Not good combination.
Stan Lee have big cameo. Stan Lee keen on self. Previously Stan Lee just glimpsed. Now Stan in it for 30 seconds. Or more. Stan clearly on roll. Stan even give Robert Downey Jr cameo. As Iron Man. This very irritating. Audience supposed to be excited. Audience nod off. Long ago.

Idea is. Dr Bruce Banner - on run. Keep anger under control. Banner hope not turn into Hulk. Banner live .... in Brazilian slum. Work in factory. Total babe there fancy Banner. Banner quite fancy babe. But Banner not make move. Babe in film to keep guys interested. Until Banner's girlfriend Liv Tyler come into action later. Tyler not mind Hulk thing. Hulk remind her of dad. Steven Tyler. Possibly. Much location work. Overhead shots. Of slums. City of God vibe intended. But this rubbish. Like everything else.

Tim Roth come on. As evil soldier. Fighting Hulk personal for him. Roth typical evil Brit. Roth supposedly working for US army. Yet Roth Brit. Critic annoyed by stereotyping. Roth get injected with serum. Become Hulky supervillain. Smash cars. Tanks. Only with no trousers. Perhaps odd trousers. Critic ... not sure.

Same old story. Superhero movie give superhero mirror-image antagonist. Like in Spider-Man 3. Idea rubbish in Spider-Man 3. Idea rubbish here. Hulk versus humanity important thing. Cancelled out here. Basic problem ... critic not believe Hulk angry. Hulk just roar. It not look convincing. Not truly seem angry. Critic think about this. Critic decide why. It because Hulk not swear. Hulk just say: "Hulk. Smash" etc. Then Hulk look angry. Sound angry. Not here. Hulk genteel.

Critic remember Ang Lee version. Ang Lee version slagged off. Yet rubbish new Hulk film make that look like Citizen Kane. Critic exit cinema miffed. Film take away two hours of critic's life. Critic not get time back. Ever. Rarrrrr.