PDA

View Full Version : Coming annual pass discounts?

MarkC
04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
I keep hearing rumors about 2008 2nd half bookings being down at Disney. That being said, does anyone expect any annual pass discounts being released anytime soon? Since tomorrow is May 1st, that may be a logical time to release them. Does anyone have any prior history on when they've released them for July and August? We have two days in August that we have no reservations for, and I'm trying to decide if we should reserve a resort hoping for a discount, go ahead and reserve All-Stars at $82/night, or stay off property using some points from my traveler programs (don't like to stay off property). Thanks, Mark

JoDisney
04-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Check out "Info Central" above and go to Accommodations and scan down to historical data on discounts.

KylesMom
04-30-2008, 09:11 PM
At this point, I would reserve a Value if you can get it for $82/night, and see what transpires. We haven't been able to utilize A/P rates in the summertime months for a few years now, hence why we booked AAA room-only back in September for W/L. If a deal comes up, you can always switch over if better rates become available.

One question - are you going the beginning, middle or end of August? Remember that in late August free dining is going on . . . it's hard telling what crowds are going to be like.

MarkC
05-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the tip about info central.

We are going to be there from August 8-15. We have our reservations for the 10th-15th, so we only need them for the 8th and 9th. I'm not worried about finding a place, but mostly hoping for a good deal. Since it is a weekend I will probably book soon. Thanks for the help.

dizknee531
05-01-2008, 11:56 AM
I will check out info central. i called today for October, and the CM only has info until 5/21. Do you think they know and can't tell you??:confused:

Taja
05-01-2008, 12:29 PM
I will check out info central. i called today for October, and the CM only has info until 5/21. Do you think they know and can't tell you??:confused:

Nope! Disney usually releases discounts 2 to 3 months prior to the dates. The CMs don't know any more than you do at this point.

Crow
05-01-2008, 08:17 PM
right now i have 4 nights w free dining. Im hopeing for good AP rates to add on a few nights. I would guess w the economy some good rates may come. Im also considering Universal for some nights. I always stay in the Disney area, but.....