PDA

View Full Version : Which Restaurant (2)

KAT1811
04-30-2008, 12:26 PM
I haven't heard too much about this restaurant on the boards. We are planning on trying it on our next trip and was wondering if it is worth the visit or should we try something else? We are staying at the Grand Floridian and are palnning on spending our first day by the pool building up our energy (and the children's). I figured it would be nice to venture out a bit at night, eat and do some shopping.

Some of the other restaurants I have in mind are posted in my poll. I would like to try something new. Thank you in advance for your input!

Might have been nice if I remembered to put Portobello Yacht Club in the first poll. Sorry!!! Let's try this again.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Citricos - I haven't been there but the menu looks wonderful. The Paprika and Honey-Marinated Pork Tenderloin and Seared Tuna sound delicious. We decided to Narcoossee's instead but intend on trying Citricos on our next trip.

Polynesian Dweller
04-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Keeping in mind that Portabello is not on the DDP, it has been a must for us almost since it opened years ago. Always had fabulous food, and great service when we've been there. We have tried a number of dishes and can say that everything we've tried from seafood to pasta over the years has been top quality.

It was hard to choose because you have included a lot of really good places in the poll.

NJGIRL
04-30-2008, 02:35 PM
We have eaten at the Portabello twice in the past and it was very good. We would eat there again but it never seems to fit into our schedule.

The Whispering Canyon is sooooooo much fun.

These two restaurants are the total opposite of each other. Quiet and Relaxed to Loud and Rowdy.

DDuck66
04-30-2008, 03:34 PM
You will probably get a large variety of answers since you list so many options in your poll. Since you have kids, I went for the WHispering Canyon Cafe. We love the food and the interaction can be really good. if you go there, make sure that you tell the CM at check in that you really want "to play".

elmjimmlm
04-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Yes to Kona no to Whispering Canyon:mickey:

SBETigg
04-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe is one of my favorites. Citricos looks great, too, but I haven't tried it. It's on the upper level near Victoria and Albert's and the menu and setting was a little too adult for my kids' tastes. Given a choice between Citricos and Narcoossee's, my kids chose Narcoossee's.

If you're staying in the GF, it makes sense to eat there. You'll save travel time and have a chance to do other things at the resort. Grand Floridian Cafe is lovely, but relaxed and comfortable, with good food and service. I think it's a great choice.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
04-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Yes to Kona no to Whispering Canyon:mickey:

:ditto:

KAT1811
04-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Keeping in mind that Portabello is not on the DDP, it

We are not doing the DDP this trip so that isn't a concern. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Natazu
04-30-2008, 06:02 PM
I voted Il Mulino because I think it ranks so far and above the other Italian places at Disney, it deserved a vote. Since most people haven't tried it, I doubt it will get many more. Citrico's was my favorite Italian (or Italianesque) on property but now it's certainly Il Mulino.

If you don't want to break up your relaxation day to venture to another hotel, Citrico's and Grand Floridian Cafe are both wonderful.

IamBelle
04-30-2008, 06:03 PM
I have never been to any of these, but I heard Whispering Canyon was great and loud!

eam
04-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Our next trip is in 25 weeks and I have made ADR's for 3 nights at Citrico's. We love it (or was that apparent?) Enjoy wherever you decide to dine.

Mickey91
04-30-2008, 07:40 PM
We loved the Whispering Canyon. You have to be ready and willing to participate in the silliness though. We had a blast!!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I would try Citcricos. If you do venture out I would stay somewhere on the monorail line, like Kona Cafe. Grand Floridian Cafe looks like a great choice, too.

(The reason that I suggest staying on the monorail line is that you mentioned wanting to have a relaxing night... driving around to other resorts would be a little stressful to me.)

Jared
04-30-2008, 10:25 PM
I absolutely love Kona Cafe. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Disney, and I strongly recommend it.

:tasty:

ravsluvdisney
05-01-2008, 07:41 AM
I absolutely love Kona Cafe. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Disney, and I strongly recommend it.

:tasty:

I couldn't agree more. I think this is one of the best restaurants on property. Hop on the monorail, eat dinner and watch the fireworks and EWP from the beach and then hop back over to the GF. Shuold be a great, and very peaceful, way to start your vacation.

dolphinmickey9170
05-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Kona Kona Kona!!:mickey:

Soul_Power
05-02-2008, 02:14 AM
WAHOO for Kona Cafe! We ate there last summer, and we consider it one of the best restaurants of our whole trip! I hope to eat there again on my next trip (whenever that will be)!

Crow
05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Havent eaten at all those listed so cant comment on all
WCC I dont really like & doubt if I would go again. esp w the wonderful Artist Pt at WL
Kona wasnt bad. Its more open air I guess you might say.
Jym seems pretty reliable so go by his advice. I might try Citricos in Sept since he recommends it. His advice on FF was right on.
I might have to try Il Mulino now too.
Jiko is good but for me bad memories personally. Its a little futher than the others.