PDA

View Full Version : Pop in December, 2 rooms

kelticwolv
04-30-2008, 09:38 AM
OK, first post here. Myself, wifey and daughter are coming down in early December for a week. My mother will also be coming along, just not doing the parks. How best to reserve adjoining rooms?
We are flying in, no car. As I said, us 3 are doing the parks, but my mother isn't (maybe 2 days at the most). Thanks for any help or tips, and thanks to all the posters that I've gleaned so much info from.

RockinRollerMom
04-30-2008, 09:48 AM
I have requested adjoining rooms during my last two visits at POFQ. We put the request in at the time of booking. The first time our request was met, the second it was not. Our rooms were close but not next to each other or adjoining. I think that disney does there best to accommodate requests but nothing is guaranteed. People talk about faxing a request before arrival. I have personally never done that. Upon check in, if your rooms are not adjoining just explain your situation to the CM and hopefully they can figure something out for you. Good luck and have a great trip!

kelticwolv
04-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Dayem!! 10 minutes until a reply! You guys are fast. Thanks.

MauiMouse
04-30-2008, 09:53 AM
You are going to want connecting rooms not adjoining rooms.

I just got back from Pop and what I did was fax them 3 days before hand with both of your reservation numbers, (we reserved our rooms seperate & got connecting rooms) stating that your mother is going to be in one room and yourself and your family members will be in the other. They will do everything possible to accommodate your request.

diz_girl
04-30-2008, 10:22 AM
How early in December? If you're thinking about the week of Dec 7-13 - DON"T DO IT! It's Pop Warner week and there will be thousands of football players and cheerleaders staying at your resort. If you're not familiar, Pop Warner is a children's and teens football league and they hold their National football and cheerleading championships each year at WDW in early December. They usually stay at the Values and overflow into Port Orleans.

Last year two or three teams (from Baltimore and Hawaii) and everyone traveling with them (parents, siblings, babies) were ejected from their resort (one of the Values) in the middle of the night because a huge fight broke out between the football players from those teams. Then there is the infamous rudeness at the food courts and the pools at the resorts and also rudeness at the parks. If you don't want doors slamming in the middle of the night waking up you and your family, pick another week. If I'm wrong and they only stay at the All-Star Value resorts and not Pop, then someone will most likely come along to correct me.

I'm going the week of Nov 30 - Dec 6 and I recommend that you do the same, or go from Dec 14-20 (but rates go up on Dec 18). It's possible that the Christmas Parade will be taped the first Saturday of December, so if you go the week of Nov 30-Dec 6 you might see it. The only drawback is that you would be flying in on Thanksgiving weekend, but the best day to fly that weekend is the Friday after Thanksgiving, as everyone is where they want to be for Thanksgiving and aren't yet going home.

If you must go the week of Dec 7-13, try to get a moderate. There is usually Pop Warner overflow in at least one of the Port Orleans resorts, so your best bet might be Coronado Springs. It's normally full of conventioneers and quiet.

kelticwolv
04-30-2008, 01:48 PM
We'll be going the Sunday after Thanksgiving, to the following Saturday or Sunday. Glad to be missing the football camp, and still see the Christmas parade.

diz_girl
04-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Mike,

Glad to hear that you'll miss Pop Warner week. That's when I'll be going, arriving Sunday and leaving Saturday. We're not sure if we'll stay for the parade, if it is the first Saturday of Dec. Maybe I'll see you. I was thinking of wearing some Intercot apparel, and hopefully bump into some fellow Intercotees, so I wrote a note to myself to hang my white Intercot cap from my backpack when I'm not wearing it atop my head.

Have a great trip!

Amanda