PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating an Anniversary

Young@Heart
04-30-2008, 08:43 AM
DH and I will be at WDW during our (9th) anniversary. I wasn't going to make a big deal about it, but it doesn't look like we'll get back down there before our 10th.

If we decide to celebrate it, what special things could we do? We already have our ADR's planned, and aren't going to be having any "alone" time-every minute of our trip is planned w/ our DC.

Would it be too "out there" for us to get the bride/groom ears to wear? I'm not sure I could talk DH into it, but I think they'd make for some cute pics. :mickey:

Mrs.Mickey
04-30-2008, 11:59 AM
I dont think it would be out there I think it would be great! Buy the ears and have fun. When we went on our honeymoon there were tons of things that we did that were romantic. DH had the room sprinkled with rose petals. I highly reccommend the carriage ride through Fort Wilderness ( also through POR I think) Just make sure they know that you are celebrating when you make reservations for anything, oh and get the Anniversary pins to wear around the parks! :party:

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I dont think it would be out there I think it would be great! Buy the ears and have fun. When we went on our honeymoon there were tons of things that we did that were romantic. DH had the room sprinkled with rose petals. I highly reccommend the carriage ride through Fort Wilderness ( also through POR I think) Just make sure they know that you are celebrating when you make reservations for anything, oh and get the Anniversary pins to wear around the parks! :party:

Yes POR does a carriage ride. It is absolutely beautiful. My DH surprised me with it on our 4th anniversary trip. By the way on the carriage ride you can bring a bottle of campaign or wine.

Ya don't forget to get the Anniversary pins. They take good care of you when you wear them.

Also make sure you call and let them know for both dining and your reservation that you'll be celebrating an anniversary. They sometimes do something extra special for you at the resort and the restaurants.

The bride and groom ears are wonderful. If you want you can get patches made to put on them. We had that done with our wedding day on our honeymoon. It looks really nice.

John and Becky
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Where do you get anniversary pins? My DH and I are getting there on Friday for our 10th anniversary.

Thanks,
Becky

prprincess
04-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Where do you get anniversary pins? My DH and I are getting there on Friday for our 10th anniversary.

Thanks,
BeckyWe received ours when we checked into our hotel. I told Karen from Magical Journeys that we were going to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary, and I guess she passed the info. onto Disney because they also upgraded our room and left special treats in our room every night.

Also, if you make ADRs, make sure that the reservationist notes that you will be there for your anniversary, as well. We received a certificate signed by Lilo, Stitch, Mickey & Pluto at our breakfast at 'Ohana, our waiter at the Crystal Palace made a little heart on our table for us out of Mickey confetti, and then we got a special cupcake at Chef Mickey's.

BMan62
04-30-2008, 01:36 PM
On the Anniversary topic:

We are going to be down in September, for our 10th Wedding Anniversary and our 5th Disney Anniversary.

Unfortunately, the actual 10th Anniversary date isn't until Dec. 4th. Our schedules don't allow us to be there at that time. (We were down this past year for our actual anniversary and enjoyed the Holiday festivities immensely!)

I would like to treat it as our actual anniversary and get the buttons to wear around, but I really don't think that it would be right, it's just too far removed.

What do you all think?

prprincess
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
On the Anniversary topic:

We are going to be down in September, for our 10th Wedding Anniversary and our 5th Disney Anniversary.

Unfortunately, the actual 10th Anniversary date isn't until Dec. 4th. Our schedules don't allow us to be there at that time. (We were down this past year for our actual anniversary and enjoyed the Holiday festivities immensely!)

I would like to treat it as our actual anniversary and get the buttons to wear around, but I really don't think that it would be right, it's just too far removed.

What do you all think?I'm not sure how others would feel, but I personally don't think that there's anything wrong with it. Even though you're not going to be there on your actual anniversary date, you are going to celebrate your anniversary. :)

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm not sure how others would feel, but I personally don't think that there's anything wrong with it. Even though you're not going to be there on your actual anniversary date, you are going to celebrate your anniversary. :)
I agree. We're going to be a few days off with our 30th celebration in December, but that's just a scheduling thing.
(And I'd go for the ears!:bride::groom:)

Young@Heart
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm in the process of talking DH into it now, and I think he's okay w/ it as long as the ears are for 1 day only! :thumbsup: