PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Flower festival part 3

dlpmikki
04-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Thursday 24th April
Breakfast at Olivia’s; Andrew and Mikki both have homestyle hash and eggs. It’s still delicious. It’s also great to see several long-standing cast members who recognise them.

We go to Epcot to admire the Flower Festival and walk round World Showcase. They have surfing music at the entrance because there are topiaries of characters surfing.

We walk round World Showcase. After previous disappointments, the humans are checking out menus. Lunch at Chefs de France looks interesting – but not today.

In Japan, a roving Photopass photographer offers to take our pictures. We get a couple there while chatting about what he does. He covers countries from here to Italy. We are going that way so we walk along together while he takes pictures. These roving photographers are worth looking out for: just think how much you normally have to pay for your personal photographer!

In China, Mikki is pleased to see Nine Dragons is open and decides it is time for a late lunch. It is jolly good.

In Germany, we stop so Mikki can get Andrew’s photograph with Dopey. No jokes please; Dopey is a fellow Disney character and I don’t like having him teased. Besides, Mikki’s probably already done them all.

After our time at Epcot, we return to Old Key West to pack up ready to move resort tomorrow.

Friday 25th April
Breakfast is at Olivia’s again. Mikki tries a breakfast burrito. It is tasty but will not be Mikki’s favourite. Andrew has the chocolate mango toast: yumm yumm.

We are due to pick up a hire car today. We try to telephone Alamo at the Car Care Center but give up after a couple of 20 minute waits on hold. We go to the Marketplace and study the shops. Andrew and Mikki order smoothies at Earl of Sandwich. Fruit juice smoothies have become a big thing in the Uk recently (foodie police operate in this area) but yoghurt smoothies, as these are, haven’t featured yet – at least for us. Mikki likes her tropical one but they are both disappointed by Andrew’s strawberry and banana one. Mikki compares it to a milkshake from a famous fast food outlet.

We take a bus to the Contemporary Resort – where a new tower is rising high to the north. Guest Services get us through to Alamo. The new Fantasia store is open on the concourse and the arcade is in its old location. We take a few pictures (hint). We take the monorail to the Polynesian and take a few more before going to get the car.

We drive back to Old Key West to collect our luggage then go on to our next destination – Marriott’s Royal Palms. They offer us a choice of floor. Since they have lifts (elevators to US readers), we take the top (US 4th) floor and have a fine view of the golf course. The accommodation is a dedicated two bedroom unit which is spacious and well equipped. There are 5 chairs at the full size dinner table plus 3 more at the breakfast bar. There is as much equipment in the kitchen as in dvc units but enough cupboards that there are plenty of empty ones too. One nice touch is that there are lots of coffee filters - though no more coffee than at dvc.

For a regular family, the downside is that the second bedroom is small. The bathroom door only just clears the specially shaped vanity unit and one door of the bedroom clothes closet can not open because it is hard against the bedside table. For us, it is lovely.

First night away from Disney and the humans go to eat at “Outback Steakhouse”. They each have favourites from the main menu but tonight they both enjoy things from a special 20th anniversary menu. After dinner, they go to Publix to stock up the room fridge: coffee, milk, orange juice . . ..

Bethis26fan
04-30-2008, 07:36 AM
sounds like a great few days

MauiMouse
04-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Glad that you got that rental car and are off and running now.

We thought about eating at Nine Dragons, but haven't yet, maybe some time in the future.

How nice to have a roving photographer, will have to keep our eyes peeled this next trip. Thanks for the tip, Figaro. :mickey:

offwego
04-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Sounds like a lovely day at Epcot for all of you. And I'm glad your room sounds nice for you and your humans.

(But haven't Mikki & Andrew told you about the Outback's nickname? it's just not fit for nice kittens like you)

Thanks again for your report!

DizNee143
04-30-2008, 08:59 AM
another great two days..
thanx for sharing..:mickey:

pdrlkr
04-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

pogo
05-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Another two great days ! :mickey:

You, Andrew and the stuffed cat know how to party !!!!!

I'd never make jokes about Dopey and Andrew's photo..... :fingers:........ but I didn't know Alex was going to be there with you ! ;)

I can't wait to see the photos and to read more. :D

wdwgrl377
05-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks again, Figaro for another great report! :mickey:

faline
05-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Your new accommodations sound quite nice!

The roving photographers in Epcot are something that we'll definitely need to keep an eye open for! Figaro, you are one much-photographed kitty!

ChipnDaleGal
05-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Sounds like the move to your new digs went well. Thanks for the tip on the roving photographers at Epcot. :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
05-06-2008, 01:38 PM
I was not aware of the photographers, thanks for the tip!! :mickey:

cal5755
05-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I also love the photo tip!! We will be on the look out. We have eaten at 9 dragons and I thought it was good but nobody in my family thought it was worthy of a return adr. Glad you enjoyed your lunch and had a smooth move into your new room!!

tinkerbell04
05-16-2008, 06:13 PM
I am glad that you are all settled into the new accomodations :) Sounds like another great day, thanks for sharing.