PDA

View Full Version : La Nouba. Is it worth it?

special k
04-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Just a basic question. Is Cirque du Soleil La Nouba worth it?

With all the wonderful Disney shows at the theme parks, and all the immersion in constant entertainment, fantasy, and fun, is La Nouba worth the extra money?

My wife thinks it will be. I'm skeptical. Help me out people!
:confused:

Here we go again...
04-30-2008, 01:32 AM
Yes, yes, yes!!
I have been to 3 different shows, in Vegas, Biloxi and Disney World.
I would say that LaNouba tops the list.

If you go, remember there are no bad seats in the house. Actually being a little farther back is better because you can take it all in. When you are up close you miss sooooo much of what is going on around you.

I give it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

KineGirl
04-30-2008, 02:25 AM
I have yet to go to La Nouba, but I have been to several other Cirque shows and have yet to be disappointed. In fact just the opposite! Im always walking away thinking that THIS was the best one! And "how did they do that??" If youve got the time and the funds I say do it do it do it! They have their own sense of "magic" and can see why Disney & them are a fit.

RAIDER
04-30-2008, 05:24 AM
I went last year and YES i am glad i went after all the many years of going to Florida .
It was a great experience and you wont regret it :D

Another show is the Blue Man Group to which i would throughly recommend :thumbsup:

Tinkermom07
04-30-2008, 07:22 AM
I say definately worth it! I've been once, and looking around, it seemed that the cat. 2 seats were perfect. Since there's so much going on, I was glad to be sitting a little farther from the stage in order to take everything in. We'll be going again on our '09 trip, it's worth the money for such a jaw dropping show.

I want to see Blue Man Group really bad too, but they have shows here in Boston, so I don't want to take the time during vacation.

mouseketeer mom
04-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Worth it? Absolutely!
We have seen 4 Cirque shows, La Nouba being the first one we ever saw. We were hooked. There are not enough adjectives to describe the wonder of this show. We are repeating it in August!
I agree with one of the above posters. Upfront are not the best seats. Towards the middle in the center would be ideal. We have found this to be true for every Cirque. The action is in front of you, above you, behind you, you name it.
Go. You will not be disappointed. You will walk out of there almost speechless with the wonder of it all!

disneymom15
04-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Yes it's worth it. Husband and I went several years ago.

Piglet822
04-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Definitely worth it! I took my boyfriend this past Valentine's Day, he'd never been before and he loved it!!
You can see the seating chart on Cirque's website to give you an idea of where you'll be. We went for 2nd tier tickets - they're not as expensive and as someone here already mentioned, there's not a bad seat in the house.

Emme&TeddysMommy
04-30-2008, 09:38 AM
I want to see Blue Man Group really bad too, but they have shows here in Boston, so I don't want to take the time during vacation.

We saw Blueman twice in Boston and it was great! It's well worth the money.

disneydave4479
04-30-2008, 10:17 AM
:number1:

It's worth it and then some!

:mickey:

special k
04-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Once again, thanks for the replies! I'm booking La Nouba now. Can't wait to see it!

DisneyWhirled
04-30-2008, 01:00 PM
It is so nice to read how much you all have loved it. I am the skeptic in the family, but DH has wanted to go for so long that I went and booked the tix for our family of four. I booked categor two and got a 25% DVC discount because we are DVC members. I was pretty excited about that!

So, we will be seeing it in a little over two weeks on our arrival day.

Sounds like it will be fun!

jillluvsdisney
04-30-2008, 03:53 PM
It was the most breathtaking experience. I'm at a loss for words to describe how totally cool the show was. It's worth every penny.

BluewaterBrad
04-30-2008, 05:10 PM
We saw it about three years ago. Loved it!! Worth the $$.:mickey:

Mickey91
04-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Worth every penny!!! You will be totally awed!

NJGIRL
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Well, I haven't been to the show in Disney but was at a different one in las Vegas and I would have to say yes it'ss worth it. I have never spoken to anyone that has seen one of their shows and think it wasn't worth the money.

While I agree that Disney shows are good, they are not in the same category as Cirque shows.

DisneyWhirled
05-01-2008, 04:21 PM
What does one wear to La Nouba? Are shorts okay?

AllDisney
05-01-2008, 06:42 PM
It's worth every penny. You will not be disappointed. We went a few years ago and think it's time to see it again on our next visit to WDW:mickey:

LandFan
05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Wow! Thanks - You've convinced me too! I guess I'll have to buy some tix for this Thanksgiving's trip:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
05-02-2008, 10:52 PM
One word= YES!

05-03-2008, 12:05 AM
What does one wear to La Nouba? Are shorts okay?

Yes, shorts are fine. It's a casual atmosphere. They sell popcorn, candy & drinks in the lobby that you can take to your seat. We've seen LaNouba twice and would go again. It's fantastic.

princessjojo
05-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Absoutly worth it. We saw it a few years ago. Our younger DS was 6 at the time. He sat on the edge of his seat the whole time. We're going again this year and taking both of my sisters and my neice and nephew. I can't wait. I went so far as to get the tickets for everyone to make sure we all went together.

We are all so excited.

PiratesCove
05-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Yes, it is! I think you'll enjoy it more than you realize! :thumbsup: