PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old picky eater

why4k
04-30-2008, 12:57 AM
My family of four(Me40, DW40, DS10, DD7) will be going to Disney World in Sep.(CSR) and we have the free DDP. My son is a picky eater, and I'm having a hard time deciding on ADRs. He likes Italian, so Tony's and Mama Melrose are on my list. I will also try 2 or 3 buffets(Boma, 1900 Park Fare, and possibly Garden Grill) as this will be another way to ensure that he finds something. My wife and I would like to try a couple of other restaurants but see nothing on the adult menu that he would eat. Would he be able to order off the children's menu even though he is considered an adult on the DDP? Some restaurants have cheeseburgers on the lunch menu but not on the dinner menu. Do you think he could order a cheeseburger for dinner? Any and all help from you wonderful people at intercot would be greatly appreciated.

Natazu
04-30-2008, 03:27 AM
Yes, you can order off the kids menu at any age, table service or counter service. Plus, most of the restaurants are very accommodating to picky eaters. I wouldn't let an eclectic menu scare you away.

why4k
04-30-2008, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the information. That's a load off my mind. Of course that means I have a lot more choices and harder decisions to make.

RockinRollerMom
04-30-2008, 08:21 AM
I too have a similar problem with a picky eater. But my DD8 has to pick from the children's menu and would rather eat of the adults menu. (We are doing the Dining Plan) I think you have the right idea about buffets. That way your DS can pick whatever he'd like to eat. (My DH often picks more food from child's selections than than adults:blush:) There are a lot of really great buffets at Disney. Maybe consider Chef Mickey or Cape May. Also, we often schedule a late breakfast (10:30 or 11) after a night that we know we are going to be up late. That way we can sleep in and I don't feel so bad about using a TS credit for breakfast becuase it really is 2 meals beacuse we don't need to eat lunch that day. Good luck!

Jeri
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
My son is 10 and picky too. We ate in Canada at Le Cellier and he just ordered the chicken from the adult menu. I asked if they could not put all the sauce and stuff on it and they just cooked it some other way and it looked good. He said it was the best he has had. I also asked if he could just have french fries instead of whatever came with and again no problem.

We did the same thing at Coral Reef. He ordered the chicken and they cooked it differently for him, and gave him fries.

Also when he would just order chicken strips off the childrens menu they would make it a larger portion for him. I say pick where ever you want and don't worry, because they are very good about helping to find something for him.
So I say go enjoy all the places you and DH want to eat and it will all be fine.

katzctkpt
04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Our ds is very picky but, we still went to restaurants we chose and hoped that he would try something new. Most of the restaurants have childrens menus and it shouldn't be a problem to order from it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-30-2008, 01:25 PM
I am the very picky eater in our family, and I always manage to find something on every Disney menu. Yes, I tend to eat somethings from the kid's sections at buffets, but even on the regular menus I have never had an issue with them changing something, such as a sauce or a side dish for me.

Enjoy! :mickey: