PDA

View Full Version : Best Off-Site property for the buck??

Ducklover
04-29-2008, 08:35 PM
We are going to Disney for 2 weeks in June. We are APH and did not see any resort discounts. This would be a first for us to stay off property-so can anyone help me with advice?? It is myself, DS-12, DD-14, DN-14-YES I am crazy-me and 3 teens.:ill:

Friend of Figment
04-29-2008, 08:40 PM
The Marriott Village at Little Lake Bryant has good deals. There is a Springhill Suite, a Courtyard and a Fairfield Inn so you can pick your price level. There is a food court and next door a Bahama Breeze and another place maybe a Golden Corral. You can walk to the outlet mall and catch the trolley there. FOr going to the World, it is a short taxi ride to DTD.

MuchLovedMama
04-29-2008, 09:44 PM
We LOVE Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista. 2 bedroom suites for like $89 a nite & they have the best HUGE breakfast. Only reason we aren't staying there this time is because we are doing the free dining plan.

DDuck66
04-30-2008, 10:30 AM
We have really enjoyed the Sheraton Safari Suites. It is located directly outside of the entrance to DTD. Rooms run from $99 to $199. They have some nice suites with a seperate room for the TV/Dining Area and the Bedroom. There is a Sizzlin next door that has a good breakfast bar and their is a Shoney's directly across the street as well as an Olive Garden about 2 blocks away. You can walk to DTD but the road is really busy so we usually just take our car.

DDuck66
04-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Another option, might be to check at the Suite at the All Stars.

disneytime
04-30-2008, 11:30 AM
what days are you going in June? there is a site that has really good rates on hotels like the Regal Sun Resort across the street from Downtown Disney for $60.00 a night

Minnie4me
04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Check out...

www.exclusivefloridahomes.com

You can rent a nice home with a pool for about the price of a hotel room. :thumbsup:

I'm heading down in 2 weeks!!!:mickey:

Rella
05-01-2008, 01:15 AM
I would second the Embassy Suites! Two rooms, gives you some level of "space"...great breakfasts and usually a evening cocktail hour - both free. Good luck!:mickey:

Mulan
05-01-2008, 08:26 AM
I second the house route. You can get a 3 bedroom home for a very reasonable price. Plus you can have a private pool and a kitchen. Even though you really will only eat breakfast in, that is alot (with 3 teenagers). It's nice to come in at night and be able to take a late swim and snack. Plus there is room to stretch out!

We rented a 5 bedroom house this past Christmas and it was cheap. The house was only 3 years old. The kids loved it. My DH loved to get in the hot tub after the parks. We had to drive to the parks, but that was okay. I was able to cook breakfast in the mornings, stick the dishes in the dishwasher and go. I would much rather stay on property, but this was a great option for us and made an unexpensive vacation.

baby minnie's mommy
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Another recommendation for Embassy Suites. Their rates vary at different times, but it can be a good value when you need an extra room! The rates for June right now are around $170 - $180 per night. (Remember that includes free breakfast for everyone.) The living room has a sleeper sofa and TV, bathroom, kitchenette, table/chairs. The separate bedroom can have one king or two beds (I shared one with DD at age 2), TV, armoire, and has a separate vanity with sink. TV's have Disney Channel.

Free breakfast includes omelletes and other hot items! :thumbsup: The atrium you eat in has birds and streams. The arcade looked good, but never used it. There's a gift shop that sells Disney and other touristy stuff. Pool looked nice, too.

There are several E. Suites nearby - the closest and the one I've been to is the one on Lake Ave. Very close to Downtown Disney, although not on Disney property.

We definitely would stay there again!

illini
05-04-2008, 10:59 AM
In Nov, we needed to add a night on the front end and nothing was available. So I took the advice of someone here (TheDuckRocks, I think) recommended the Holiday Inn Express on Palm Parkway. It was fantastic and only around $70. Huge room, big breakfast, great location only a couple blocks from DTD. It was very clean and had been remodeled fairly recently. If for some reason we had to stay offsite for an entire trip, this is where we'd stay for sure.