PDA

View Full Version : Leather mickey wallets?

arielshouse
04-29-2008, 05:38 PM
This is my first real post i'm not sure if i'm doing it right?!! I've usually just replied to them!! Anyways we are going in Sept and i would like to get my dad a nice leather mickey wallet for his birthday!! I've been numerous times to the world but can't recall in my memory of seeing such place to buy one!! I know they must they have everything but if someone could be kind enough to direct me to a shop in the world where i can get one and about how much if you know am i looking at spending on a nice one!! Thanks!! Be kind!!

Here we go again...
04-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Well, you got the post right so you are off to a good start.

Good wallets are hard to find. I have been trying to find one along the Fossil quality but have only found walmart quality. :(

I did find a very nice leather business card holder on Ebay for only $6 a while back. Maybe start there.

Tinkerfreak
05-05-2008, 09:17 AM
I have seen a stand set up near Capn' Jacks in DTD that sells leather belts and stuff but I did not notice if they sold wallets or not. It might be a good place to check.

Quasimodo
05-05-2008, 10:03 AM
arielshouse,

I am a WDW veteran, but have never seen a leather Mickey wallet at WDW. But now that you mention it, I could use a new leather wallet myself and a Mickey one would be nice to have. I am going down to WDW in about 2 weeks. If I can find one I will let you know.

If you don't hear back from me, places to try when you go would be the gift shops in the Grand Floridian. I do remember seeing leather goods sold there. But I don't know if they are Disney logoed. Also Boardwalk and DTD may have a shop that would sell them. Its doubtful you would find one in the parks.

If you can't find one at WDW, you can find them online. I did a quick Google search and found some on eBay and DisneyOulet.com.

Clay Ransone
05-05-2008, 02:03 PM
I picked up a pretty nice brown leather wallet at Mouse Gears (I also say them at World of Disney) back in 2006. It has the new (at least it was new at the time) upscale Mickey logo (Mickey on a shield with a crown over the top). I think it was around $30. It has three slots for credit cards on the left and right interior and a two sided ID holder in the middle. I only have two complaints about it. 1. The ID pockets could stand to be a little bigger so the entire ID fits inside. 2. The bill compartment could be a little deeper. I will probably pick up a new one in November if they still have them.

mook3y
05-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Hiya,

I actually got a really nice one last year at WDW. Just happened to walk by and spot it.

First

The wallet:
It is a money clip wallet - one side has a clip(leather covered) and magnetic holds quite a few bills. The other side has 2 pockets offset a bit. I have 10 plastic cards in it at the moment and it can hold 1 or 2 more. Also, there is a center pocket that can hold quite a few items as well.

It has a gold round circle on the clip part that says Walt Disney World Golf 1971 on it.

The card holder side has Mickey swinging a golf club. Pressed into the leather, no coloring.

I LOVE IT.

Next

Where: I saw it on the cash register just as you walk in from casey's to the Emporium shop (the emporium runs the whole length right? if not, its the shop right by Caseys)

Finally

$$$: Can't remember for sure, I am thinking it was just over $40.

WonderlandsMostWanted
05-07-2008, 11:37 AM
We went this past December, and a friend asked us to pick up a Mickey wallet to give to her father in law for Christmas... it became the most disappointing quest of our whole vacation. We looked in ever park, in every show, and at the stand in DTD that someone mentioned, as well as the shops there. No actual leather wallets. We saw the money clip, but no actual wallets. I figured it'd be an easy one, but nope, nothing.

Hopefully, they'll start selling them some time. I'd think it'd be an EXCELLENT item to sell at the parks.

Donald_Quackers
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
I second WonderlandsMostWanted, I think it would be a great item. I'm thinking about a new wallet too, and I saw this thread.

Maybe I'll have some luck in December.

Bringonthemouse!
05-07-2008, 07:13 PM
:ditto:

I spent a lot of time looking for a leather wallet during our last trip, no luck. Hopefully I will find one in Nov.