PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember "Light Magic"?

Dyanna
04-29-2008, 01:36 PM
I personally have never seen the Main St Electric Parade's replacement 'Light Magic" but did recently view a video of it & needless to say I was not impressed. Glad to see Disney did away with this so quickly. What was your memory of this?

RobWreck
04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Light Magic? You don't mean SpectroMagic, do you? If so, then I highly disagree... Spectromagic is an AWESOME parade... I love watching the white lights change to the colors.
If you're correct and referring to some other parade, then I've never heard of, nor seen it.
Rob

Dyanna
04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
I believe it it was the parade that was after Main St Electrical ended & before Spectromagic which I love!

RobWreck
04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I just saw a video on youtube for 'Light Magic' and yeah... it's in no way a reasonable replacement for the MSEP. Now that I think about it, I do recall hearing something about the switch from the MSEP to SpectroMagic... now I may be mistaken here, but Disney had contracted out the creation of the parade (to GE I think) and when GE came back with their proposal, Disney's response was 'It's ok, but where are the characters?' because the proposal was predominantly fiber optic floats with nothing 'Disney' about them. Like I said, my recollection may be faulty, but seeing 'Light Magic', I could see that as a filler for the MSEP while Spectromagic was still being assembled.
Rob

PS: IIRC, the reason why the MSEP left WDW was because it was beeing sent to another park (Disneyland? DCA? Tokyo Disneyland?)...

Imagineer1981
05-01-2008, 04:50 PM
gonna have to youtube this

2Epcot
05-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Light Magic was at Disneyland, not WDW. This was the subject of my very first post on Intercot ... Disney's biggest blunders. I attended one of the final runs of the Main Street Electrical Parade, and then waited to see what was next. I was working the night of the premire, but watched a satellite feed of the parade from Disneyland and couldn't believe that was what they had replaced the Main Street Electrial parade with. Millions of dollars were spent on the show, and Disneyland pulled it after less then 4 months ... people hated it. I have kept the CD rom press kit which I take out sometimes for laughs.

JustCallMeSquishy
05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I sure do, I was a CM at the time at Disneyland...it was definitely a flop. In fact, I worked GC (guest control) the premiere night and I can't remember that much about it...

Not like the first time I saw Illuminations or Fantasmic! I still remember the awe and wonderment....

MegaDisney
05-01-2008, 10:52 PM
You mean Light Tragic???

I saw it once (and yes it was only at Disneyland) and hated it. The characters were creepy, the music was forgetable and the staging only allowed a few guest to actually enjoy it.

The preview that included a Tinkerbelle flying from the castle to the train station ended in a firey death to Tinkerbelle as she got stuck about half way down Main Street and burst into flames! Needless to say they did not use that effect in further performances of the show.

jelloarms
05-04-2008, 09:00 PM
You mean Light Tragic???

I saw it once (and yes it was only at Disneyland) and hated it. The characters were creepy, the music was forgetable and the staging only allowed a few guest to actually enjoy it.

The preview that included a Tinkerbelle flying from the castle to the train station ended in a firey death to Tinkerbelle as she got stuck about half way down Main Street and burst into flames! Needless to say they did not use that effect in further performances of the show.

Wait....so are you saying that the CM playing Tinkerbelle died? How did she burst into flames? Wouldn't they have pulled the parade right there and emptied the park as well?