PDA

View Full Version : Favorite places to eat at Magic Kingdom

Gregandmel
04-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi there

We are going to Magic Kingdom in October with 2 boys, ages 8 & 17. We've not been before, and wondered if anyone could tell me your favorite places to eat inside that park. I need to make some ADR's and thought this would be a great place to get some feedback. My husband and I like anything, and our boys are pretty much burgers and chicken strips, which I'm sure we can find anywhere, but wanted to know your favorite spots there! Thanks!!

MickeyMomof2
04-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Our favorite place to eat in Magic Kingdom is the Crystal Palace (character meal with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet). It is a buffet with something for everyone. We usually eat a dinner there during our trip. Of course, the kids like the characters as much as the food!

For counter service, we like the Columbia Harbor House. You wouldn't need a reservation for that, but it is nice for a quick meal.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-29-2008, 02:23 PM
We enjoy the Crystal Palace character breakfast and Tony's Town Square for TS.

For CS - we like Pecos Bills, Pinocchio's Village Haus and Columbia Harbor House.

Tygger7
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Another vote for Crystal Palace...it's a great option for breakfast too. :mickey:

Shugoondola
04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
My favorite place to eat lunch or dinner is at the Liberty Tree Tavern. :number1:

I also like Crystal Palace, Columbia Harbor House, and Cosmic Rays.

:mickey:

hlkeck
04-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Cosmic Rays for us! We think you get the best bang for your buck!

NewmanFamily6
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
My children love Crystal Palace so we always try to fit it in:mickey: I would really like to try Tony's sometime if just for the Lady & the Tramp atmosphere:blush:

LudwigVonDrake
04-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's :tasty:

Cinderelley
04-29-2008, 04:40 PM
We love Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace and Pecos Bill's. We usually make an ADR for breakfast at Crystal Palace one day and a dinner ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for another day. We always get burgers for lunch at Pecos Bill's though. :tasty: It's a counter service restaurant.

Have you checked out the menus in info central yet? It might help you decide.

HndrdPrcnt
04-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Considering you have 2 boys and considering their ages, I don't believe that they will love CP for the characters, but the benefits of getting the first ressies of the morning are worth it in themselves. You will have access to the park before the park is open to the public. Thus, you get to walk down Main Street before everyone else and get some great family photos in front of the castle with no one else in your picture. You also can get done eating and get out in to the park before everyone else so that you can be first to one of the attractions that you most want to ride. Furthermore, the puffed french toast is AMAZING!!!

For counter service, go Cosmic Rays. If your boys are big eaters, you will get the best bang for your buck by a long shot!!:thumbsup:

Enjoy!!:mickey:

Disneyatic
04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Our favorite TS as Crystal Palace for breakfast (wide selection) and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner (Thanksgiving type food).
Our favorite counter service is Pinnochio Village Haus in Fantasyland, their Figaro Fries are awesome!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
04-29-2008, 05:52 PM
My fave TS is LTT for dinner and CP for breakfast.

My fave CS is cosmic rays

Gregandmel
04-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I can't begin to tell you how helpful this was!! Wow - I LOVE these boards! I just made breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace - I LOVE the idea of being in the park before the mad dash! I got 8:05am reservations, so Ithink it'll be FUN to walk down main street without a large crowd for our very first time there. THANK YOU!! We are also going to check out the other recommendations (Cosmic Rays, Columbian Harbor House & one or two others). This was SO helpful!!!! THANKS!

Jared
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
If you're looking for a table service restaurant, my favorite is Liberty Tree Tavern for both meals. At lunch, there is a traditional menu with colonial American offerings. Dinner is a family-style Thanksgiving feast with characters.

For counter service, try either Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

:tasty:

cal5755
04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
You are going to love walking down Main Street with virtually no other people there. We had early ADR's for the BBB last year and I have some great shots of my DD's in front of the Castle as if they were the only 2 in the park!! We are going to try CP for breakfast this year and I have early ADR for BBB again!! You will have such a great time.

CP is one of our favorite ts and my DS 12 still takes pics with all the characters.

We also love Cosmic Rays....... you can get ribs and chicken meal and it is plenty to split...

Have a magical trip!!

LandFan
04-29-2008, 08:40 PM
We loved LTT character dinner! It was great - it was my DN (12) favorite dinner the whole 8 days (and that included 1900 park fare, Crystal Palace and garden grill). Chip, Dale, Goofy and Mickey were great! Chip and Dale really hammed it up and the food was quite good, considering it is served family style (pot roast, turkey, mac & cheese, salad, mashed potatoes etc). It would also be PLENTY of food to feed two growing boys:D

#1donaldfan
04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
CS meal would be Columbia Harbor House
TS meal would have to be Tony's.......

.....you can't go wrong with either .....

....YUMMY.........

Natazu
04-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Here's my two cents on MK dining. I left out a couple of quick snack places that just offer drinks and not much more:

Aloha Isle (quick snacks)
Dole Whips and plenty of them. Do Not Miss, alas, not a meal

Auntie Gravity's (quick snacks)
Good stop to grab a smoothie and some ice cream

Aunt Polly's (CS)
Not very good but don't worry, it won't be open

Casey's Corner (CS)
Great hot dogs, corn dog nuggets and fries. Awesome pre-fireworks

Cinderella's Royal Table (2TS) pre-plated with characters
There are much more affordable ways to see Cinderella and get average food

Columbia Harbour House (CS)
One of the better Counter Service places at WDW. Good chowder and good sandwiches.

Cosmic Ray's (CS)
Ribs, chicken, burgers and Sonny Eclipse, nuff said

Crystal Palace (TS) with Pooh and Friends
For a buffet, it's really good. The character interaction is above average and the price is right.

Doggone Good Dogs (quick snacks)
Not very quick, and not doggone good

Liberty Square Market (quick snacks)
good fruit and lousy baked potatoes

Liberty Tree Tavern - Lunch (TS)
The best lunch at Magic Kingdom. We love to have a relaxing lunch here midday. There is a full menu complete with crab cakes and sinful desserts.

Liberty Tree Tavern - Character Dinner (TS)
Served family style, this is a relaxing way to meet the characters. They come around while you eat and you won't miss them because you're up fighting buffet lines.

The Lunching Pad (CS)
One of two locations to get famous Disney turkey legs. Also, the cream cheese pretzels are to die for, along with the blueberry slush.

Main Street Bakery (CS)
Lots of calories, but well worth it. The menu varies a little but most everything is good.

Main Street Ice Cream Parlor (quick snacks)
Edy's ice cream, nothing special.

Mrs. Potts' Cupboard (quick snacks)
usually has short lines - decent fudge brownies

Pecos Bill (CS)
It's all about the fixins bar, grilled onions, mushrooms, melted cheese, etc. OK burgers, not one of the best desserts in town though.

Pinocchio Village Haus (CS)
The Turkey & Bacon Panini is good but that's all that stands out for me here.

Plaza Restaurant (TS)
When you have to have a sit-down meal and can't get in anywhere else, this is the place to go. They have pretty good desserts but for the most part, it's just Counter Service on steroids.

Scuttle's Landing (Quick Snacks)
This a copy of The Lunching Pad without turkey legs.

Sleepy Hollow (Quick Snacks)
Good funnel cake and better Mickey Waffles.

Sunshine Tree Terrace (Quick Snacks)
Ice cream and slushes, nothing special

Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station (CS)
If you can catch it open, the food's pretty good. It's a nice change from burgers, fries, and chicken fingers.

Tony's Town Square (TS)
Canned Italian food. The atmosphere is neat if you like Lady and the Tramp but there are much better places to get Italian.

The Village Fry Shoppe (quick snacks)
It's McDonald's fries for $2.69

Gregandmel
04-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Thank you Jym! That was by far the most detailed of all the places to eat. Thanks so much for all the information you provided. It's always so great to get good feedback and I appreciate you taking so much time to put so many places on this thread. VERY helpful! And I loved your tag line at the end! I'm still chuckling.

diz_girl
04-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks Jym! I've copied your post and pasted it into a Word document, so I can bring it with me on my next trip. I wouldn't be surprised if you already have similar reviews for each of the other three parks, or the resorts for that matter. If you do, please share them with us. Maybe start your own thread for each of the three other parks and the resorts. If not, thanks again for the great MK restaurant reviews.

Mickey07
04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Columbia Harbor House, Comsic Rays, Pecos Bills, and Liberty Tree Tavern are all great for a filling lunch. :eat:

IloveDisney71
04-30-2008, 01:11 PM
We love the Crystal Palace for B-fast. We always try and get an ADR for before the park opens so we can take some great pictures of the castle without tons of people being in our shots.
The food has always been great and we love the Pooh characters. My two DD's were 19 & 17 1/2 the last time we went and they had a great time.

Natazu
04-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Thank you Jym! That was by far the most detailed of all the places to eat. Thanks so much for all the information you provided. It's always so great to get good feedback and I appreciate you taking so much time to put so many places on this thread. VERY helpful! And I loved your tag line at the end! I'm still chuckling.

Thanks Jym! I've copied your post and pasted it into a Word document, so I can bring it with me on my next trip. I wouldn't be surprised if you already have similar reviews for each of the other three parks, or the resorts for that matter. If you do, please share them with us. Maybe start your own thread for each of the three other parks and the resorts. If not, thanks again for the great MK restaurant reviews.
Thanks. I did have notes on the eateries saved on the home computer. I only had to update them. Amanda, I'll be glad to email the others to you if you'd like. I don't usually post the whole thing. It keeps me from having to defend my position on Sci-Fi, Chefs de France, Yachtsman, & Raglan Road. :secret:

RAIDER
05-01-2008, 04:38 AM
I love chilling out and watching the world go by at the noodle station :thumbsup:

lightyearfan
05-01-2008, 11:18 AM
here mine and dw choices:

CS Resturants:
1. Pinnochio Village Haus
2. Columbia Harbor House

TS Restuarants:
1. The Plaza
2. Tony's Town Square
3. Liberty Tree Tavern

Enjoy
Victor

diz_girl
05-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Jym - Thank you very much. I'd love for you to send them to me. I'll send you a PM with my home e-mail.