PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Flower Festival part twob

dlpmikki
04-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Wednesday 23rd April
In the morning, we set off for breakfast at Epcot. Electric Umbrella doesn’t do breakfast anymore but the humans note with dismay that here too “nuggets” have replaced chicken strips. In case you hadn’t realised chicken strips were a favourite standby meal for my humans. At least there is honey mustard sauce (so the story about it not being on property was Hollywood in horror genre) but I expect we’ll be eating off property even more than already planned. The humans have a croissant at “the Land” (which seems to be the only breakfast option).

Wait times for rides are way beyond what we think of as pleasant: 40 minutes for Mission Space, 60 for Soarin and even 50 for the revamped Spaceship Earth.

We wander about for a bit before leaving. The “Wonders of Life” pavilion is open as “Garden Town” for the Flower and Garden Festival. There are lots of leaflets of advice and presentations about better gardening. Mikki enjoys herself. I don’t really go in the gardens: you see, I’m not a real cat. I am a toy.

So, before long it’s back to Old Key West for a good lunch at Olivia’s and a rest before the “Pirates and Princesses Party”. We get to the Magic Kingdom about an hour before the party is due to start but get our wristbands as we enter.

Mikki and Andrew wear the same pirate outfits they did last year. They dress me up with a bandanna round my head. I’m only little so it wraps round most of my body. It looks like I’ve been in a fight. Last year almost all the guests dressed up but this time it looks like it is only a minority. Fortunately Mary (MauiMouse) and Jim didn’t mind being with us despite our costumes. (Mikki should have mentioned that meeting up with them at AK was another highlight for Tuesday and that she rode Expedition Everest with them).

We met lots of characters at the Pirates and Princesses Party last year. This time, we are happy to take the chance to ride lots of rides without lines and in the dark. We ride Pirates of the Caribbean (well, you have to – and it’s great fun to wave pirate swords through Davy Jones), Buzz Lightyear, the TTA (great in the dark) and a few more.

Our impression is that there are many fewer characters wandering about in the park but we have a very short wait to see the princesses Minnie and Daisy. Minnie comes straight up to kiss and cuddle me as soon as we get into the room!! Daisy demands a kiss from Andrew (you can guess where – just put it on my bill).

We are left with one lasting question. The event is now billed as “Mickey’s” Pirates and Princesses Party. Where was he?

MauiMouse
04-29-2008, 02:28 PM
We are left with one lasting question. The event is now billed as “Mickey’s” Pirates and Princesses Party. Where was he?

Good question Figaro, you are right, where was that Mickey character? :mickey:

We had a grand time wandering around Magic Kingdom with you and your humans. Loved the wait times on most of the rides. The fireworks were spectular as well. Thanks for letting us tag along. :thumbsup:

pogo
04-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Sounds like Day 2 was fun....... where's the pictures of the costumed humans ?? :confused:

Can't wait to read more. :D

DizNee143
04-29-2008, 03:59 PM
sounds like another great day..
i really dont like hearing about all these chicken nuggets..instead of the tenders..those were soooo yummy..
do you happen to know anyone we can complain to about this chicken conspiracy, figaro?? :D
glad you and your humans are having a good time!!!

MauiMouse
04-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Sounds like Day 2 was fun....... where's the pictures of the costumed humans ?? :confused:

Can't wait to read more. :D

pogo, check out this link. (http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/41335/2700123840032190626S500x500Q85.jpg)

Bethis26fan
04-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Sounds like another great day.

pdrlkr
04-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

offwego
04-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Sorry about the nuggets, my son will be unhappy as well. He liked them at lunch from time to time.

Glad the humans and you had a good time at the party.:mickey:

wdwgrl377
05-01-2008, 03:11 PM
What a great day! Thanks for adding the pic, Mary! that was really neat to see!
Figaro, I'm glad you're having a good time! Can't wait to read more about your trip with your humans!! :mickey:

cal5755
05-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Figaro you are so great at telling about your adventures... sounds like another great day with your humans.... and btw the picture was neat to see!!

gauvin4
05-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the report Figaro. Sounds like another great day. :mickey:

faline
05-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear that not so many folks dressed for the party! That's certainly a big part of the fun of it!

Still, it sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Mary, thanks for the pic!

ChipnDaleGal
05-06-2008, 01:20 PM
I am sorry to hear that the chicken nugget news is spreading. I love those strips too. Sounds like another fun day, especially that P&P Party. Thanks for reporting, Figaro. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
I hate to hear the stips are gone. That was a good meal to share.

Cool picture!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

KylesMom
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
At least there is honey mustard sauce (so the story about it not being on property was Hollywood in horror genre) :funny: Good one, Figaro!

I remember your last report where it seemed so many guests were dressing up at the P&PP. At least you and your humans were in the spirit!

So instead of the "Where's Figaro" game you were led to play "Where's Mickey"??? Hmmmm . . . .

All in all another great day, with what seems a few things missing. At least you were able to hit some of the attractions in the evening! :mickey:

trackbarroness
05-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Hiding in Tomorrowland over by COP's exit.
There's a DJ there also. With a game section, in front of the DJ.

tinkerbell04
05-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Sounds like another great day! Thanks for sharing, any pics?