PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort or Coronado Springs Resort??

Disneyglamour
04-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Which one do you guys like better?? We're probably going to be staying at Pop Century because we're going during the Holiday season :santa:, but just curious for our next trip!

Mulan
04-29-2008, 11:47 AM
I like the rooms at CBR but the kids love the pool better at CSR. I'm also a bigger fan of CSR food court. They have the best food court of all the mods.

castlelady36
04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
We like the theming of CBR better but it is much larger and spread out. We also like the pool at CSR more, just seems more fun for kids...

I agree about the food court it is better then CBR.

Gator
04-29-2008, 12:03 PM
They are both great. That said, Coronado is better. The food courts, pool, and overall beauty of the resort is what I like. But you can't go wrong at either.

brewcrew26
04-29-2008, 12:44 PM
I've stayed at all the mods except Coronado. We just got back from CBR a few weeks ago. I agree that the food court at CBR is a bit lackluster for choices, plus the size to accomodate the amount of guests needs to be reevaluated.

But, that said, I really enjoyed the scenery of CBR. The beaches with hammocks, the quiet pools at each island village, Caribbean Cay with its birds and fish. Plus, at night you can see fireworks from Old Port Royale. I think once the main pool area is complete it will be nice.

It is very spread out so if you're going with children or older adults (or just don't like walking a lot after getting back from the parks), I'd consider another option. But, we were just two people who like to walk, so we didn't mind the distance. Plus, it was kinda romantic for us.

We found all the CMs to be very friendly. We had no problems with Mousekeeping. Our room was done everyday by 2 p.m. They were also very quick to respond to requests for extra pillows or towels.

I'd definitely go back to CBR again, but I'd still like to try CSR. But, so far my favorite mod is POR.

buzz2001
04-30-2008, 05:47 AM
CSR! Great pool, transportation and food options.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Coronado Springs!

We love it there.

fast bus transportation - never wait more than 10-15 minutes
great food - Pepper Market and Maya
beautiful, relaxing pools
overall just a beautiful resort

We stayed at CBR in Sept and HATED it! I'd stay off property at a Holiday Inn before I stayed there again.

extremely rude staff
terrible housekeeping - hung our dirty towel back up - that were on the floor
very very long wait for buses - never less than 30 and half the time 45-1 hr

badllamamama
04-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Coronado Springs!

We love it there.

fast bus transportation - never wait more than 10-15 minutes
great food - Pepper Market and Maya
beautiful, relaxing pools
overall just a beautiful resort
Ditto what belle said!

Mickey07
04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
This was same problem that we had this trip, but we decided to stay at CBR. Stayed there last year and thought the resort as a whole was real nice and the theme was pretty cool. The only thing I didn't like was the long walk to the food court, but we are staying at a preferred room location this trip, problem solved. :thumbsup:

trudisneygal
04-30-2008, 02:50 PM
DH and I are thinking of taking advantage of free dining and going in Sept the week after labor day, and have thought about CBR, since we've never stayed there, and I was wondering about a water view room. Has anyone stayed in a room with a good view at CBR? Also, it will be just the two of us, and I was wondering about a quiet room location (away from the main pool I guess). Any suggestions from those of you who frequent CBR?