PDA

View Full Version : Picture Developing

*NikkiJ*
04-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Being this is my 1st ever trip to WDW, I know I will be taking TONS of pictures:blush: However I have ran into the dilemma that my memory stick for my digital camera only holds about 50 or so pictures. I know I will run through 50 pictures at 1 park alone...

What ways in the world can I use to download the pictures? What about the cost??

Or shall I go off the premises and do it at a locak store??

DisneyDudet
04-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Why not get a larger memory card? That way, you can KEEP all those pictures for when you get home! You can take it to a photo center in each park, and have them make a CD for you, but as always, its expensive. Info Central has it listed at $12 a CD.

What we've done in the past was head out to the Walgreens near property, and have them develop our pictures, or put them on a CD for us. If you have the ability and the time to do so, this would be cheapest.

If price is not an issue, and convenience is, I would stick to the photo centers in the park.

But I would seriously consider getting another card, possibly a very LARGE one.

For info on locations, hop on to the Camera and Film Needs (http://intercot.com/infocentral/misc/film.asp) section of Info Central!

KylesMom
04-29-2008, 11:06 AM
I too would suggest a larger memory card - with the premium prices you're going to pay for developing at the parks, you could purchase another card and still save money. And who wants to worry about running off-property just to download pictures - when you could be at the parks taking more of them! :mickey:

DDuck66
04-29-2008, 11:09 AM
We had the same problems back when we got our first digital. Now we have 1 2GB Memory card as well as severall 500MB cards and a 250 MB for movies. We usually take about 300 to 400 pics for a full week stay.

Polynesian Dweller
04-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Definitly get a bigger memory card. It will cost less than paying some place to put them on a CD. I have several 2gb cards all bought for les than $30 US each and each one of them shows I have more than 700 pictures available on my 7megapixel camera.

Bethis26fan
04-29-2008, 01:18 PM
i agree with the bigger memory card. We also care our laptop and upload the photos @ night.

Cinderelley
04-29-2008, 04:53 PM
I would also go with buying a larger memory card. The photo centers in the parks can't download all types of memory cards. They could do it with my friend's memory card, but not mine. They said they can't do it with most newer types since their machine is older.

Magic Smiles
04-29-2008, 09:36 PM
If you know that you are going to take lots of pictures I would recommend buying a few larger cards. On our Dec 07 trip I took over 6,000 photos and 14 hours of video. With digital it is so easy to just keep taking pictures.

Lehman Family
04-30-2008, 08:14 AM
I agree with the larger memory card and a laptop.

I took a 512MB card last year and didn't take as many picures as I had anticipated, so it worked out OK that I could upload the photos every night.

I just got two 2GB Kodak SD memory cards at Walmart for $25, so the prices for a larger memory card aren't high at all.

If you don't have a laptop you could see if you would be able to upload your photos to an online account such as smugmug, photobucket, or if there is an online option that came with your camera that you use such as Kodak Gallery or HP you could upload to there daily as well. I know some resorts and hotels have business areas where you can use computers so you might be able to upload them there.

If all else fails there are a couple stores not too far away that you can go to and either transfer them to CD or DVD or even have them printed, but I'd use that as a last resort.

disneyfan328
04-30-2008, 08:39 AM
I also agree with the large memory card, however since you sound somewhat "new" to using them I would caution you against going with more than a 1g memory card. We were going to buy 2 gb cards for my digital camera, but were told that there was the possibility that not only may my camera not be able to support it, but a lot of the places like wal greens and wal mart ect have machines that can't handle a card with that many pictures on it. We went to Disney in September and I had 2 - 1 gb cards, 1 - 512 gb card, and 1 256. I also had 2 small ones that came with the camera that held about 80 pictures each. This was enough to get us through. We also made use of the photopass photographers every chance we got. We were able to pick up our 1 gb and 512 gb cards on ebay for 25.00 or less so it is very worth it.

good luck

katzctkpt
04-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Take advantage of Photopass but, I'd purchase a bigger memory stick that would be the easiest thing to do and then all your photos would be on one card. We have several cards and the only thing I hated was changing the cards when one got full. One big one would have been much easier.