PDA

View Full Version : Our April All Star Music Adventure - Day 6

MOJoe
04-29-2008, 10:35 AM
April 17th

After getting to bed before midnight again, we are ready this morning to go to Magic Kingdom, even though it is an early entry day. We get to the bus stop a little after 8, and begin to form our plan. Solo has the best idea for the morning. "Dad gets 2 fastpasses for Space, I get 2 for Big Thunder, and we all meet at Splash." "Yeah! The Triple Mountain Whammy! And i hope Indy can see Woody's Cowboy Camp," "And i want to see The Hall of Presidents" Minnie adds. Great plans. Something for everyone.
As we enter the park, Solo and i run up Main Street with a group of teens. The teens are heading to Space. I laugh as i run, because i am at least 30 years older than they are. But i still manage to keep up most of the way to Tomorrow Land. As i make my way over to Splash, Indy is yelling "COME ON DAD!" A line is beginning to form, but moves fast, as we only have a 10 minute wait. As we are in the loading area, a group exiting is soaking wet. "Better buy those ponchos first!" they say to us. Too late, we are on our way, singing Zipedy Du Da, but fortunately avoid getting drenched.
Solo and i then ride Big Thunder, and we meet Minnie and Indy in Frontierland. Some marching bands are coming through, and i ask a castmember when Woody and the Gang will arrive. "Right after this next band." And sure enough, a few minutes later, Woody and the Gang stop right in front of us, and teach everyone how to be real cowboys. Very cute.

Minnie then gets us all over to see The Hall of Presidents. Like her, it has been years since i have seen this show. I had forgotten how impressive it is, and how much respect and dignity it gives the office of the Presidency. Something we would all do good to remember. But this fact is lost on some, as a dad asked a large group of kids "Hey, do you want to see this show again?" "NOOOO!" was the answer. Parents all over the auditorium got a good laugh.
We had gotten hungry, so we stopped at Coulmbia Harbor for lunch. And after that, it was time for Space. One last ride on my favorite. As we got off, we heard someone say, "That ride never gets old!" I couldn't agree more. Indy is playing the arcade games as we exit the ride, so when the last loose dollar was spent, we are ready to leave. But MK has one more surprise for us. As we are leaving Tomorrow Land, Indy yells, "Hey Dad, that trashcan moved!" "This is gonna be good," i say to myself. "Go check it out," i tell him as i get my camera out. "Hey! It moved again." "Let's look at it." Suddenly the trashcan lunges at Indy with a yell. Indy leaps in the air like a cat about to lose one of his lives. But he is cornered by the wall that borders Tomorrow Land, so there is no escape. After a futile attempt to climb the wall, his feet slide down to the pavement. "Sorry, i scared you. It was funny though! What's your name?" "Indy" "Hi Indy, my name is Push. Where are you from?" "Missouri." We had a little more small talk with Push, but Indy kept one foot pointing toward the exit. After we said goodbye, Indy, still visibly shaken says, "I am NEVER talking to another trashcan!"

It has finally warmed up enough today to go to a waterpark. So we went back to Music to get our swimwear. From there it is only a 5 minute bus ride to Blizzard Beach. We were not the only ones to have this idea, because it was quite busy there, but not so much that we couldn't get on a few waterslides. Solo and i had fun in the enclosed tubes at the back of the park, while Minnie and Indy took a tour of the Lazy River. We only spent 3 hours here, but we all enjoyed the change of pace. Very refreshing.
As we went back to Music, the highschool boys were near our room, and they begin to talk about me being "THE GUY." Solo is frustrated by this, since being 14, he thinks i am the biggest nerd on the planet. So i take full advantage to rub it in. "That's right. I am THE GUY." i tell him. Minnie laughs, and Solo shakes his head in disgust.
Tonight we are having dinner at Coral Reef. So we put on some dry clothes, and make our way to Epcot. I remember having a stellar meal here a few years ago. But this place seems to have lost something since then. It is much louder than i remembered, with several crying children. Indy isn't happy either as he trades seats 3 times trying to see the tanks. The Lobster soup and Land and Sea appetizers are o.k., but nothing special. The salmon i had here last time was some of the best ever. But the new recipie was not nearly as good. Solo's steak was average, but Minnie loved the mahi. And we all loved the chocolate wave. Just stay away from the cherries. They have more alcohol in them than a blue glow maritni.

After dinner, we exit out of the International Gateway as Illuminations is showing. We catch a ride to the Swan, because the boys have been begging to play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens. On the very first hole, i get a hole in one, setting the tone for our game. Indy quickly is frustrated by the many obstacles. Minnie and Solo quickly follow. We do enjoy the sounds of Fantasmic going on. But this mini golf course really played us. Still, i am sure the boys will ask to play again, sometime. The chance for bragging rights is just too great.
After our game, we walk back to where we stayed last year. The Dolphin. I have had not one complaint with Music, and Indy seems to prefer it. But as we walk through the lobby, i can't help feeling wistful, and thinking we belong here. At the front door i hail a cab that takes us back to our resort.
This has been another great day. Everyone getting to do something they had asked for. And visiting Blizzard Beach was a treat. Tomorrow is our last full day, and the agenda calls for us to "Park Hop Favorites". So as we get to bed, everyone is thinking about that one thing they really want to do. We will all have pleasant dreams tonight.

Bethis26fan
04-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Sounds like a great day.

yjgirl715
04-29-2008, 10:54 AM
What a great report! I'm sorry to hear that your meal at Coral Reef wasn't as good as you rembered it. When we went last year we loved it- but not sure if we really loved the meal or the atmosphere. It was our first time there. I'm also really glad you reported on the mini golf course. Our next trip we are going to try one and wondered which one was better or a little easier since we will have a 6 year old with us. Hope you have a great last day!

faline
04-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Great encounter with Push! You accomplished much this day!

pdrlkr
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

castlelady36
04-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Another great day!! Enjoyed reading all your reports!!!

Disneywarrior
05-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Another great day!

ChipnDaleGal
05-06-2008, 04:42 PM
That Push story was hilarious! I bet poor Indy will hear that repeated back to him for years to come. Thanks for another entertaining report. :mickey:

cal5755
05-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Another great day!! I love the Push story too!!

dolphinmickey9170
05-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I love Push. He is so cool. Thanks for sharing. :mickey::mickey: