PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive souvenirs from WDW

LeeAnn
04-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Need Inexpensive souvenirs from WDW.

Will probably buy if the World of Disney since I have a Disney Visa card (get 10% off over $50).

Really don't want to spend $50 but can easily see getting to $50.

What can I get for the following:

G14, G12 - Been to disney, going again soon.

G9, G6 - Going soon for 1st trip

B8- Been to Disney

B5, B3 - Never been to disney

Needs to be inexpensive.

Thought of Autograph book for G9, G6 since they going WDW soon but I remember thinking it was too much for my kids and brought one from home. How much is one?

How much are Pins?
How much are Photo Magents?
Any type magents?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

momof3+twins
04-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Check out the store that has everything under 10 dollars while you are there. I can't remember the name of the store. But, I am sure that someone will come along with the name shortly.

MickeyandTink
04-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Check out the store that has everything under 10 dollars while you are there. I can't remember the name of the store. But, I am sure that someone will come along with the name shortly.

I think that is the name of it. It's in DTD near the candy store, if I remember correctly. However, I was less than impressed with it. I thought World of Disney had the best overall selection, although the toy store is good, as well.

Most of the things you mentioned (magnets, pins, etc.) you can get for ! $5-10 each. Not cheap, but then you're buying a memory as well. I might suggest buying a number of trading pins online (from a reputable dealer) before you go and then trading with the CM's while you're there. It's a lot of fun and you can often buy pins in advance for $2-3 each. We got some for DD for our trip last year and DW and I got hooked as well.

hlkeck
04-29-2008, 03:33 PM
You can also get an tree ornament for under 10 bucks...

If you have the ability, buy a kids meal and keep the mickey plate it comes in! That's a FREE souvenir! My kids eat off of them nightly....

biodtl
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Another vote for ornaments -they are nice and make great gifts. And every year when they are brought out, you will be thought of fondly...

mook3y
04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Every year, we always make sure to get an ornament, a keychain and a magnet for the fridge.

mouseketeer mom
04-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Pressed pennies and pressed quarters are very inexpensive and fun and unique! There are different machines thruout the park which you can press various images from WDW onto your coins. My kids love these. They also sell slotted books to put them in, but thats not necessary. Maybe pick a favorite character or attraction for each of your recipients to make them special. This probably wouldn't work for the three yr old tho. Too dangerous to hand him a coin!

baby minnie's mommy
04-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Inside the World of Disney is a room that has little trinkets. Magnets, postcards, keychains, etc.

I don't know how much they were, but we got DD a magnetic Mickey and a Minnie. They're cute! They have other characters, too. They are tiny plush characters with magnets inside the hands, feet, and head, so they stick to each other and metal objects. I think they had them at the WOD, although we got ours at the Contemp.

:mickey::mickey::mickey: