PDA

View Full Version : Akl Question

TiggerFan13
04-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Usually we are planners, but we decided on the spur of the moment to visit Mickey again this year!
We booked a Standard Room - Kilimanjaro Club Level at AKL. My question is, do all Club Level Rooms have a view of the Savanna? Will I be looking at the parking area if I don't call and request a Savanna view?

Has anyone stayed in this type of club level room that can tell me how it was? (and what exactly it means!)?:cloud9:

Thanks for all your help!

ThanxForNoticin
04-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Many, but not all Club Level rooms are savannah-view at AKL. Even if you called back and requested one (which might be a good thing to do), they will not guarantee you a savannah-view. My recommendation would be to call and request it, then check in as early as you can when you arrive. Even if your room is not available, it could improve your chances of getting a savannah. If you don't get a savannah-view, you might get a pool view - which is not bad at all - very nice. I don't know that they have parking lot view Club Level rooms, but they might.

Staying Club Level at AKL is very nice. You get access to the concierge lounge, where you can help yourself to drinks and snacks almost all day. There are also other perks, like someone to help you make dining reservations and access to special tours and safaris. I know it's not a lot of detail, but I hope that helps. I think you will really enjoy this stay!

mudpuppysmom
04-29-2008, 03:26 PM
I too was a little concerned about what view we would get when staying club level so I looked on the WDW Resort website and below is exactly what it says about a STANDARD room, CLUB level:
All rooms have two queen-size beds, one king-size bed with one day bed, or one queen-size bed with bunk beds, table and chairs on private balcony, ceiling fan, vanity area with two sinks and bath. Sleeps 3 or 4. The number of rooms with king-size beds is very limited. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room safe, voice mail, high-speed Internet access, alarm clock, DVD player, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker, refrigerator and Pack 'n Play. A full-size crib is available upon request. Standard Room, Kilimanjaro Club rooms offer a view of a one of the savannas at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.

TammiMcMan
04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
My question is, do all Club Level Rooms have a view of the Savanna? Will I be looking at the parking area if I don't call and request a Savanna view?Since the opening of DVC, all the standard club level rooms do have a savannah view.

Has anyone stayed in this type of club level room that can tell me how it was? (and what exactly it means!)?:cloud9:The standard club level rooms are now on the 4th floor and the lounge is on the 6th floor. Your room key will gain you access to the 6th floor when you use the elevator.

Basically, you have the services of a pre-planner to help you with ADR's, spa appointments, entertainment, tickets, special celebrations, etc. Kind of like one stop shopping, because you can do it all via e-mail as opposed to make all the individual phone calls yourself. Some pre-planners are better than others, so experiences may differ.

During your stay, the lounge is open daily from 6:30am until 10pm. There is staff on duty from 7am until 10pm. From 6:30am-7am, they have out coffee, tea and hot chocolate. From 7am-10:30am, there is a deluxe continental breakfast with fruits, yogurt, cold cereal, juices, breads. From 11am-2:30pm there are snack items. From 3:00-4:30pm, they have an afternoon tea service with assorted cookies and biscuts. From 5-7pm, they have appetizers from the resorts restaurants, assorted wine and beer. From 8-10pm, they have desserts from the resorts restaurants and assorted cordials. Throughout the day, you can get cold drinks, including soda, usually some type of smoothie and coffee/tea/hot chocolate.

The big draw for staying club level at the AKL is the ability to book the sunrise safari. It's done on Thursdays & Sundays and includes a private guided tour through the Kiliminjaro Safari in addition to a buffet breakfast. I can look it up, but I think it's around $55 per person (over the age of 10) and you also need an AK park pass.