PDA

View Full Version : house of Blues questions

Tiggerlovr9000
04-29-2008, 07:02 AM
My 16yr old dd would like to see a concert here on our next trip. Was wondering if we have hopper passes with plus options if we have to still pay for tickets? What kind of seating do they have? Do you have to eat there to see the concert? Is there more then one building? (meaning one for restaurant and one for concert) Also have you ever walked past the House of Blues and heard the music outside?(wondering how loud it will be) Would you feel comfortable sending your 16yr old with 21yr old brother to see concert alone? Please give me your experiences..How was the food? Thanks in advance. Sorry so long.

BMan62
04-29-2008, 09:36 AM
You would still have to pay for tickets. HOB is not part of the "Water Park Fun & More" option package as it is not owned and/or operated by Disney.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-29-2008, 09:39 AM
You don't have to eat there. The restaurant and the venue are seperate. When I saw Dir en Grey there, there were a lot of minors without adults. Needless to say, they were pretty rude and obnoxious. The security isn't bad but it's hard to keep track of everyone with so many people but they keep them on both levels. You might want to send her with her brother if it's not a band you'd like to sit through because it does get pretty loud, even on the second floor (where most of the parents tend to migrate). As for seating, there is none - standing room only. There are very few seats on the second floor. You would still need tickets to see.

Which band is it?

Charlee
04-29-2008, 12:01 PM
As other posters said you have to pay for tickets to see a band there - you can buy tickets before you go over the internet on the House of Blues website and you're able to see how much they are! You can also buy them from the ticket stand outside the House of Blues, its worth picking them up earlier on in the trip if your at Downtown Disney as more popular bands can sell out - we made the mistake last year of going down to see Rise Against on the night and expecting to be able to buy tickets and it was all sold out!

When I went, I was 17 and my sister was 23 - we were both fine though we did have to stand the whole time. This didn't both us as we both go to see a lot of bands and we loved the House of Blues as a venue. It is loud and there was some "action" in the main part of the crowd but we avoided it and just enjoyed watching the bands.

Tiggerlovr9000
04-29-2008, 01:23 PM
You don't have to eat there. The restaurant and the venue are seperate. When I saw Dir en Grey there, there were a lot of minors without adults. Needless to say, they were pretty rude and obnoxious. The security isn't bad but it's hard to keep track of everyone with so many people but they keep them on both levels. You might want to send her with her brother if it's not a band you'd like to sit through because it does get pretty loud, even on the second floor (where most of the parents tend to migrate). As for seating, there is none - standing room only. There are very few seats on the second floor. You would still need tickets to see.

Which band is it?

The group is Penny Wise. Anyone heard of them.

Charlee
04-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes I have heard of Pennywise - great band and they are playing with Strung Out - one of my favorite bands! Your DD has good taste in my book :thumbsup:

As its punk bands it will be loud and there will be some "punk" people. All I would say is for your DD and son to stay out of the main parts of the crowd - they can get pushy - I found this last time at the House of Blues so we stayed to the back and we were fine.

My parents have always been fine - we go down to Downtown Disney together, they watch us go into the venue then do some shopping or have food and then meet us outside to go back to the resort together.