PDA

View Full Version : Switched Sci Fi for Teppan Edo... Good decision??

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi there,
We will be going Sept 20-26 for Free Dining. It will be me, my Mom, and my 2 DD's ages 4 and 20months at the time of the trip.

We have
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Crystal Palace (Dinner)
Le Cellier (dinner)
had Sci fi (dinner).. Now Teppan Edo (Lunch)
Boma (Dinner)
Coral Reef (Dinner)

The only place that is new to us is Le Cellier and now Japan... (My girls are usually pretty well behaved in restaurants as long as we bring along some crayons for them.)

I was happy with all of my original chices, except Sci Fi (We have been there before, and I like it, but the seating is difficult with 2 adults, and 2 little ones, one which needs a high chair. I really wanted to trade to O'hana, but the only dinners they have available are after 8 pm... and that is just to late for my girls. SO I switched to Japan Teppan Edo for a lunch instead. Has anyone been there with kids? Did they enjoy watching the cooks do their shows? Are high chairs easily accessable there? I am pretty sure they will be ok with the food... my older one could eat chicken and rice for breakfast... I just would love to hear from other parents who have brought their kids here... Or who have dined there.. and seen other little kids... Did they like it?

SBETigg
04-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Our kids weren't as young as yours when we first tried Teppanyaki, the place that is now Teppan Edo, but they loved it. They enjoyed the show, loved the food, and it still remains a favorite in their teen years. I would say that you made a good choice. Sci-Fi is fun and not bad for lunch or snacks, but not one of the best for a dinner choice.

Mickey91
04-28-2008, 11:41 PM
In my opinion, anywhere other than Sci- Fi is a good idea.

tadshome
04-29-2008, 02:51 AM
It was a good move :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
04-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Absolutely a great decision. I bet your kids enjoy it. They keep the younger children around to the side of the grill, and a high chair is not an issue. The food and the entertainment are terrific. And one of the things my kids enjoyed was sitting with other people - we met some nice folks from all around the world while dining there - very educational for the kids. Enjoy.

Jared
04-29-2008, 12:54 PM
In my opinion, anywhere other than Sci- Fi is a good idea.
I agree, but Teppan Edo is definitely an especially legitimate replacement. I agree about the seating at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. Even my family of five, without any small children, cannot stand having to look back at each other to have a manageable conversation. I wouldn't go there at all, but especially with a party larger than three.

Your four-year-old will definitely be entertained by the chef's show at Teppan Edo. Your baby probably won't understand it. Either way, you should have a good time.

:tasty:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
04-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Thank you everyone!

I feel good about the switch now!

momof3+twins
04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Your daughters might be scared if Teppan Edo does the fire thing. I know the local places here do that. Sci Fi is a favorite of mine. But, if your daughters were older I think they would like Teppan Edo.