PDA

View Full Version : What you can bring in your luggage?

Tiggerlovr9000
04-28-2008, 06:03 PM
My dh hates the coffee at the motel where we will be staying off-site for our trip in May. Also we drink alot of ice tea, whenever we drive I always take a jar with us. Can I pack coffee,ice tea, or lemonade in our checked luggage. Also does anyone know if you can get instant tea in a plastic jar? Thanks in advance.

sainter
04-28-2008, 06:16 PM
If you mean dry, you can pack all of those in your luggage. I don't know if instant tea comes in plastic - I would think so?

teambricker04
04-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Yes, you can pack it. I would just make sure that they are new packages for spilling reasons. Also, make sure you put them in something in case they do break. We have taken baby formula this way and it has always done fine.

I am not sure about the instant tea in a plastic container... it has been a while since I last purchased it!

Nini
04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh sure, I've brought coffee before. I just got a smallish Rubbermaid tub for it. Don't forget the filters!

An idea for your tea - have you ever gotten the teabags for ice tea? You can get them in single serving size or larger. I use these at home a lot.

If you are unsure about what's allowed and what isn't otherwise you can go to tsa.gov for all the liquid (carry-on) rules and such.

Denise :mickey:

Ed
04-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Also does anyone know if you can get instant tea in a plastic jar? Thanks in advance.

I'm totally addicted to Crystal Lite instant iced tea. In fact, there's a glass of it right next to me right now! It's available in plastic 'tubs' that make 2 quarts, or in little paper tubes (like Pixie Stix, but much smaller) that you can pour into a 16 oz bottle of water.

All the items mentioned can be packed in your checked baggage, and as long as they are dry ingredients they can be in your carry-on as well.

#1disneyfan
04-28-2008, 07:25 PM
i have seen instant ice tea in both glass and plastic containers, i guess it just depends on your brand.

goofiecrazy
04-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I was just on my other board and there was a post about how u are only allowed to check one bag per person now.When did this happen?Has it happened?Is it all airlines?I check in 2 bags every trip.I guess our carry on bags will be a little more packed.

Nini
04-28-2008, 09:25 PM
It's not all airlines, and the ones that have this rule charge a fee for more than one bag per person. The airline I heard about - and I don't remember which one - was charging $25 for a second bag.

Denise :mickey:

princessjojo
04-28-2008, 10:49 PM
An idea for your tea - have you ever gotten the teabags for ice tea? You can get them in single serving size or larger. I use these at home a lot.

This would definitally be the better choice IMO. But I am in the south though and instant tea is a taboo subject.

Anyway, if that is what you are looking for, I would think the small packets like others had mentioned such as Crystal Lite would be the better alternative. They're small and you can take them to the parks with you as well.

Good luck and have fun!!