PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News @ Planet Hollywood

Ed
04-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Channel 6 in Orlando is reporting that Planet Hollywood @ Downtown Disney has been evacuated due to a "suspicious package". Aerial shots also show a large section of the parking lot just outside PH has been cleared of all vehicles and taped off with yellow crime scene tape. Bomb Squad is apparently enroute.

Stay tuned....

1DisneyNut
04-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Thats definitely not good. Hopefully its just a package someone was going to ship and accidentally left it or some sort of mistake.

Ed
04-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Don't know. All they showed after the original report was helicopter shots of a robot handling a black bag of some sort. Then they closed out the newscast and went to the national news. Guess we won;t know until after the 11pm news now. :mad:

DisneyDudet
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Here's all I found from the Orlando Sentinel:

Suspicious package found at Downtown Disney West Side

Susan Jacobson

Sentinel Staff Writer

6:22 PM EDT, April 28, 2008

The Orange County Sheriff's Office bomb squad is investigating a suspicious backpack at Planet Hollywood restaurant in Downtown Disney West Side, a sheriff's spokeswoman said.

A call came in to the Sheriff's Office at 4:05 p.m., and the restaurant was evacuated, Cpl. Susan Soto said. No further information was immediately available.

Check back for an update.

Ed
04-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, whatever it was, they blew it up. But of course no details. :mad:

Film at 11.

crazypoohbear
04-28-2008, 07:54 PM
What a sad world we live in :(

2Epcot
04-28-2008, 08:52 PM
I guess it is always better to be safe, then sorry. I got stuck on the freeway in LA recently for the same reason ... They shut a couple of them down for a bomb scare.

SgtTigger
04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
From Orlando Sentinal

Suspicious package at Disney turns out to be false alarm

A suspicious backpack found this evening at Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney West Side apparently was a false alarm.

The restaurant was evacuated about 4 p.m. as a precaution, Cpl. Susan Soto of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said. A restaurant manager said everyone was allowed back inside around 6:30 or 7 p.m.

Further details were not immediately available.

IamBelle
04-28-2008, 10:05 PM
This is nothing new for me, earlier this year, the same thing happened where I go to school, we got to go home early too.

cal5755
04-29-2008, 12:13 AM
For those who don't know yet -------

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A 21-year-old is accused of making a bomb threat at Downtown Disney that prompted authorities to evacuate the Planet Hollywood restaurant and merchandise shop.

Orange County deputies detonated a bag belonging to Jason Davis after he claimed an explosive was inside of it near Planet Hollywood.

Davis was recently fired from the restaurant and had apparently returned Monday to get his job back.

When he was denied, Davis allegedly threw his backpack on the ground and told management it contained an explosive device.

After the bag was detonated, it was determined to contain only Davis' personal items.

Davis was arrested and charged with making bomb threats.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
from Local6.com

Glad he didnt get his job back... I can only imagine why he lost his job...I am sure he probably has some disgruntled customers who now have a less than magical memory at Disney.

Young@Heart
04-29-2008, 12:42 AM
That's just shocking! A sad reminder that even the "Happiest Place on Earth" has scary moments. :(

KineGirl
04-29-2008, 12:51 AM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A 21-year-old is accused of making a bomb threat at Downtown Disney that prompted authorities to evacuate the Planet Hollywood restaurant and merchandise shop.

Orange County deputies detonated a bag belonging to Jason Davis after he claimed an explosive was inside of it near Planet Hollywood.

Davis was recently fired from the restaurant and had apparently returned Monday to get his job back.

When he was denied, Davis allegedly threw his backpack on the ground and told management it contained an explosive device.
Davis was arrested and charged with making bomb threats.

Wow the tips must be really really good there! I wonder if he had the intention of doing a bomb threat or if it was the jerk (sic) knee reaction of a disgruntled 21 y.o.? Not that it matters of course. It just really bothers me when ppl say things just to hurt or scare other ppl just to do it or in the heat of a moment. Especially something as scary as a bomb threat in WDW.

Ed
04-29-2008, 04:58 AM
Former Planet Hollywood employee arrested for Downtown Disney bomb threat
Susan Jacobson

Sentinel Staff Writer

10:20 PM EDT, April 28, 2008

A former Planet Hollywood employee was arrested Monday after he threw his backpack on the ground and told restaurant managers that it contained a bomb, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Jason Sean Davis, 21, of St. Cloud came to the restaurant in Downtown Disney West Side about 4 p.m. asking to be rehired, deputies said. Managers refused, so he threw his backpack between the gift shop and a stairwell, the Sheriff's Office said. Investigators evacuated the restaurant, which a manager said had few patrons at that hour, even though Davis tried to take back his allegation.

The backpack was blown up and found to contain only Davis' belongings. He was arrested on a charge of making a bomb threat and was being held late Monday at the Orange County Jail.

Planet Hollywood reopened about 7 p.m.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jerk. :mad:

Fantasmic
04-29-2008, 10:08 AM
My mum & dad phoned my from DTD yesterday... I'm at home.

I was a bit worried but they're O.K.

yjgirl715
04-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Wow people are really sick. Now he just ruined how many vacations and scared a lot of families because of his ignorance. That is so sad.

I hope everyone's family is ok and still enjoying their vacations.:mickey:

Zone Stop
04-29-2008, 12:17 PM
... even though Davis tried to take back his allegation

... The backpack was blown up and found to contain only Davis' belongings

:fit:: I've got a bomb!
:cool:: Ok. Orange County is on the way.
:drama:: Actually, I was just kidding.
:cool:: Sorry, we need be absolutely sure.
:(: Like really, my iPod is in there!
:cool:: Sorry, kid. It's the only way.
:sadwave:: My bag...

:number1: Ownage

brad192
04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
What a loser! This guy potentially will serve 3-5 years in prison, as well as have a felony record dogging him for the rest of his life. And for what? Being upset that he lost his job? Moron...:mad:

Ed
04-29-2008, 06:28 PM
TV channel just interviewed this loser (http://www.local6.com/news/16040578/detail.html)in the jail; let's just say this:

He's about two french fries short of a Happy Meal
The lights are on, but nobody's home
His elevator doesn't go to the top floor
:crazy:

Of course, that could all be an act to try to cop an insanity plea.

He's already been banned forever from any Disney property, so he's not likely to be working anywhere in DTD any time soon.

What worries me is ~~~~ he lives in MY town!

:mad:

DizneyRox
04-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Glad he didnt get his job back... I can only imagine why he lost his job...I am sure he probably has some disgruntled customers who now have a less than magical memory at Disney.
I imagine it's going to be next to impossible to get ANY job now. I'm assuming of course this is a felony...

What a dork!

IamBelle
04-29-2008, 08:36 PM
WOW! Quoting from Toy Story..."He is a strange, strange little man!"

Fantasmic
04-30-2008, 05:18 AM
What a nutjob, None of the CM's in the West Side had no idea what was going on!