PDA

View Full Version : Will characters sign anything else besides autograph books?

MickeyandTink
04-28-2008, 04:34 PM
DD and DW love collecting autographs in their books (for keepsakes and scrapbooking), but I was wondering if the characters will sign other things such as hats or T-shirts?

I'm not big on autographs, but a Mickey Mouse autograph on one of my Mickey shirts would be kind of neat. :smickey:

Goofy-n-Alabama
04-28-2008, 04:41 PM
About two years ago my son had his UK (Kentucky) hat signed on the under side of the bill by Goofy.:goofy::goofy: He still has the hat and wears it to this day.

KineGirl
04-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Yep! Over the years we've had story books, Mickey dollars, a pluto plush, t shirts and post cards signed. :thumbsup:

Jasper
04-28-2008, 04:47 PM
They will sign just about anything as long as it is not too difficult to do so. For example, on a hat they are likely to only sign on the bill because it is a fairly large, flat, solid surface. However, they are likely not to sign a hat up on the top part because it tends to flop around. You have to remember that when a character is signing they are trying to do this from inside a large padded suit that does not lend itself well to small motor skills. Of course, it is very different for the face characters that have their hands free from any kind of costume or maybe have just regular gloves on.

I have also seen them sign shirts while they are being worn because the back of the person wearing it provides that large, flat, solid surface to write on. (I assume a normal t-shirt in this case and not something that would be difficult to write on.) However, I would not hand them a shirt and expect them to be able to sign it. Of course, all the same rules apply to garments as well as autograph books as far as the size of the pen and such goes.

joanna71985
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
The characters will sign hats and shirts, as long as they are not worn on the person at the time.

joonyer
04-28-2008, 05:23 PM
My son has a "Goofy" hat (with the long ears), that Goofy signed for him on his first visit when he was six, and he is 12 now and still wears it on every trip to WDW. He loves that hat. :goofy2:

DisneyAndRedSox
04-29-2008, 06:24 AM
I brought a white pillowcase and fabric markers to Chef Mickey's character breakfast. It was easy for the characters to sign since they had the table to lean on and it is my DD's favorite souvenier! Next trip we will do Crystal Palace and I'll do the same thing again.

letsdoitagain
04-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Last Ausust (2007) we had a T-shirt signed with all the princesses on it. They signed their names under their pictures. It was reall cool. :thumbsup:

homeschool mom
04-29-2008, 07:06 AM
We've had T-shirts and hats signed on past trips. I also had my Disney tote bag signed by all the characters at Chef Mickey's on our last trip.
Just a tip to any scrapbookers: on our last trip I also took a stack of unlined note cards I had punched and put on a ring. I had the characters sign those and now they are in our scrapbook of the trip. :mickey:

Young@Heart
04-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Last trip, my DS had the characters sign a Mickey glove! It was so much fun! They all loved it and happily signed it for him. He got a ton of signatures on it (w/ black clickable sharpie) and left the front of the hand for Mickey himself. :mickey: Here's a pic:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2026201830103427465TvfAnA?vhost=good-times

Gastonsgirl
05-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Two years ago I had Gaston sign a pic of me and him. He put "I'll always Remember You" On it :cloud9:! But they can also sign hats cause I had all the characters to sign my friend Amy's hat once...

Nascfan
05-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Suggestion for a shirt:

Have a square piece of something (strong cardboard for instance) and that way you can stretch the shirt over it and even hold it for Mickey or whomever while they sign. It makes it much easier for them, and provides a nice signature that way.

My wife had Dopey sign a shirt for her that way last trip.

Frank Bullitt
05-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Ditto what NascFan said...
I bought a vintage-looking mickey ringer tee shirt and had Mickey and Minnie sign it at chef Mickeys, what worked best was stretching the shirt over the hard surface of the table so they characters had a hard surface to write on. It was soooo worth it!

jans2kids
05-15-2008, 01:09 PM
We bought our boys plain white hats and had the characters sign them one year. There had to be at least 20 autographs on their hats.

Last year we took autographs from thier autograph books and scanned them. We put them on transfer paper ans ironed them on a white T-Shirt. When we did see characters they all wanted to see if their signature was on the shirt.