PDA

View Full Version : Richard Petty Driving School

TIGGER17179
04-28-2008, 04:02 PM
My sister bought my nephew a ticket for the ride along at the Richard Petty driving school. Can anyone tell me how long it takes and is it usually busy? Anything will be helpful... we are trying to alot enough time for that on our trip. We are going the first week in August....Thanks

faline
04-28-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure how long the ride-along takes. My husband did the experience a few years ago and that took the better part of a morning. I think he got back to the resort around lunchtime.

Richard Petty (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/programs/petty.asp)

disneyfan328
04-28-2008, 04:32 PM
I got the ride along for my husband when we were there in September. We got there mid morning ish? Around 11am I believe and there was only one other person there. Since its just the ride along youdon't have to take a class or anything. I went in, paid, he got in a jump suit and we walked out the door to the track. They got him a helmet and into the car with some last minute insttructions. Then he was off. Ride took only a few minutes for the 3 laps and then he was done. We got the DVD after. I think that it took us longer to get there than to acutally do the ride as we didn't rent a car. We were at POR and had to take a bus to MK then the monorail to the Ticket and Transportation center. There is a shuttle that takes you to the track there and then after they take you back to TTC and you go from there to where ever. It was not a long ride from TTC to the track. Maybe 7 or 8 minutes? DH loved it.

How old is the person doing it. I know that there is an age restriction but not sure what it is.

I am sure he will enjoy it though if he likes racing. My husband really enjoyed it although he was a little scared at first he said it was definetly worth it.

TIGGER17179
04-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the info-- he will be 17 so he is not old enough to drive but he can do the ride along. That's cool they have a DVD, i didn't know that.

disneyfan328
04-29-2008, 09:24 AM
the DVD was around 40.00, they will also take his picture in the car which you can buy on a placque type thing that is like 35.00. The DVD was cool, but I think a little steep for what you get. All that is on it is from the time he gets in the car until he gets out so its about 3-4 minutes long. My husband has watched it and showed it many times to friends and family so I guess it was worth it, but there is also several Ads on there so they are getting free advertising out of it as well. It took about 6 weeks for us to get it I believe from the time we got home. He said it was worth it, he just wished it would have been a longer ride. you only get to see them come past the pit area twice so have your camera ready.