PDA

View Full Version : Sea World in a Day

Dyanna
04-28-2008, 01:42 PM
We will be taking a day away from Disney to hit Sea World Orlando. Is this park doable in 1 day?
Will have a 23 month old with us as well. What is the best place to get the cheapest tickets for a 1 day entry?

TiggeRia
04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Yup, it is definitely doable in a day. We spent a day there in February, and with moderate crowds, saw everything that we wanted. You have to be a little careful and plan a lot of thing around the show times.

I found the best price for tickets online from the SeaWorld website. If you purchase them so far in advance, they're about $10 cheaper. Plus, if you have active military in your family, you can get free tickets. Hope this helps!

2Epcot
04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
I've never been to Sea World Orlando, but have been to Sea World San Diego many times. You can do Sea World in a day, but like the previous poster said, you must plan and be organized. There are a lot of shows at specific times and you should probably plan you day around the big shows you want to see ... The attractions that are continously open, are worked inbetween the shows. Of course I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who has never done it with a small child (not counting myself, but I was too young to remember). I'm guessing with a small child you may have to be more selective and decide on what shows / attractions you really want to see ahead of time.

DisneyWizard
04-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah I'd say after a day you would be all set for a while. It's a nice park but most Busch parks don't need more than one day's visit.

momof3+twins
04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
The cheapest tickets are at Seaworld.com
You can enter a coupon code of southwestairlines to receive them for about 50 for an adult and 43 for kids. The tickets don't print anything about southwest on them. So, you can use them.
Have fun.

Mulan
05-01-2008, 07:51 AM
For us it was not doable in a day. There was four of us (DD11 & DD4). My kids loved the animals, so it was hard to get them away. As soon as we walked to the Dolphin Nursery, we knew we would have to come back. My DD4 didn't want to leave the string rays and my DD11 spent an hour with the manatees. Plus trying to do the shows and getting to those at least 30-45 minutes early.

We didn't rush because we knew that we would be making a trip back to Sea World. Now if the trip was without the kids, than I think we could have easily done the park in a day.