PDA

View Full Version : Birthday while staying @ DVC resort

OhToodles!
04-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Do the DVC resorts do anything special for birthdays? I know other resorts may put some balloons and/or a card in your room (which I know isn't a given), but was wondering if DVC resorts did the same thing or anything else extra.

KineGirl
04-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Nope its pretty much the standard at all the Disney resorts - balloons & card... at least from our experiences. Still very cool!

Ed
04-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Don't be bashful about mentioning your birthday when checking in. In fact, make a big deal of it!

I was at SSR for my birthday last year, and wore my "It's My Birthday" button that the front desk prepared for me into the food court. The cashier spotted it, yelled for everyone's attention, and had everybody in the place sing Happy Birthday to me. :-o

wendy*darling
04-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Nothing different- you're still at a Disney Resort.
Make sure to let Member Services know if you are celebrating anything special during your trip.
And like Ed said- make a big deal of birthdays, anniversaries, etc. whenever you can!

Ed
04-28-2008, 05:30 PM
And like Ed said- make a big deal of birthdays, anniversaries, etc. whenever you can!

Another example:

We celebrated our 40th anniversary at Vero Beach. We found balloons and a card autographed by Goofy and Max in the villa, and when we went to dinner at Sonya's, we were ushered to a table that had more balloons, Mickey-shaped confetti all over the table top, and they brought us a complimentary cake after dinner.

:party:

gojoe
04-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I'll be spending my birthday 07/04 at Boardwalk. I'm the planner in the group, read the boards, have multiple site I stop at daily. I'm going to feel stupid telling people it's my birthday. I'm sure my family will enjoy it too. Hey it's only once a year why not. Thanks for the info.

OhToodles!
04-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm sure we'll be making a big deal out of it since it will be my DS's 1st birthday. We'll also be celebrating my MIL's birthday while we're there as well.
Should be fun no matter what though since we'll be at 'HOME'!:mickey:

playdead88
04-30-2008, 03:26 PM
thats awesome! we will be there next year for dh 39th birthday - i want to make it cool since it is his last year before the big 4-oh :party:

AHOTE
04-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Gee, I feel left out. :sad: I was at SSR last year for my birthday. They gave me a birthday button and made a bit of a fuss at the check in desk and that was it. Maybe it had something to do with my complaints after I arrived at the room. The bathroom that hadn't been properly cleaned :ack: and the carpet was dirty and had a hole worn through it that was visable as soon as you entered the unit. At least they cleaned the bathroom. :thumbsup:

Alligirl
05-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Well we were at Boardwalk Villas on my DD's birthday and that morning as we left to go to the parks I went back in and asked the front desk how I could arrange to buy some balloons for her. The CM chated with me a few minutes and ended with dont worry we will take care of it. I though that meant she would try to find balloons and let me know. We got back to the room and there were balloons and a card on the door. Inside on the coffee table was a plate with beautiful (and tasty) chocolate cupcakes, another card and an Ariel photo frame. The clever CM had gotten out of me in our "chat" DD's favorite Princess, flavor, color and character, and they were all represented there! My DD is now 16 and still has that frame in her room!:D