PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of a cancellation?

kg00616
04-28-2008, 11:38 AM
My daughter is obsessed with princesses but with our last minute trip plans there weren't any princess meals available. A friend told me that there are usually cancellations the week before and we might be able to get one. Anyone had luck with this?

Thanks! :mickey:

MMouse6937
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
I would try to call and check as often as you can to see if there have been any cancellations. Also, I have heard that it's possible to get in once the 48 hour cancellation window has come up. A lot of people will cancel right before their credit cards are going to be charged and something might free up. If you are in concierge let them know you're interested, they might be able to get you in.

Good luck getting your princess in to see the princesses!! :D

HndrdPrcnt
04-28-2008, 11:49 AM
I would recommend calling, calling, and calling again!! Then, when you check in, talk to the conceirge and let them know what you are trying to do. People cancel all the time, especially if their credit card is going to get dinged. It is harder for the restaurants where there is no penalty for flaking on your reservations, but for those that require a credit card, you can almost always bet that there will be a cancellation or two. You simply have to be persistent!!:thumbsup:

DDuck66
Are you trying to get into CRT or the Princess Dining at Epcot. I would keep calling each day and see if anything opens up. We have gotten lucky in the past.

cal5755
I would also suggest keep calling.... especially for Akershus... they don't have Cinderella but they have the rest and it was great interaction when we went!!

kg00616
04-28-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm trying to get into either the CRT or 1900 Park Fare. We're not going to Epcot since we're only there two days. I actually just called and could have gotten into Epcot. :sad:

Princess'Mom
04-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Keep calling! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Akershus has been 'easier' to get into for us in the past. In fact, last May, I walked up to the guest check-in and got a table. You really get your Princess bang for the buck at Akershus. My princess was able to see Jasmine, Cinderella, Belle, Ariel and Aurora. I was a pretty cool mom that day! :D

chicklittlemom
04-28-2008, 01:31 PM
As everyone else has said, just keeping calling. But I would add...try calling right at 7 am when the phone lines open.

We were trying to get into CRT last trip and having no luck. I kept calling and one morning got up early, called at 7 am and sure enough....got a ressie!

Good luck!:tink:

mickey&missy
04-28-2008, 09:19 PM
I agree with what everyone else said, call, call, call! I'll keep you fingers crossed! Good luck and enjoy your trip!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-28-2008, 09:24 PM
I know last year we changed our ADRs around quite a bit. We also had "extra" ADRs until we made a final decision on what we really wanted and then we cancelled the ones we were not going to be using. So do keep trying.

KineGirl
04-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Last summer we had an extra TS left on the DDP for some reason. After a long day in MK, we got back to the resort and called to see if there were any availably TS in MK since we were going back ..just to check. I wasnt expecting anything to be open to us. It was about 5:30 and sure enough someone had literally just cancelled for 7 pm at Tonys.

Moral: call all the way up until the time you want to go! You just never know!

mdricks
04-29-2008, 11:03 AM
tenacity is rewarded under these circumstances. I have yet (knock on wood) to be frozen out of a wanted ressie so long as i was willing to call each and every day. Many ressies hve come up within a day of our trips. Good luck!

DisneyWizard
04-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Cancellations happen all the time with dining and hotels. Keep calling.

#1disneyfan
04-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Definately keep calling! When we took our DD for the first time (she was 4 at the time) all she wanted to do was see Princess Jasmin. Well she was so hard to find at the time. Our travel agent then had made all our ressies for us and could not get us in for the Castle Breakfast, since she did not call on time. While we were there on our vacation I stopped at the podium and asked if they had any availability during our stay. They didn't but said to call every morning at 7 am. I did and low and behold we got a table 2 days later. The breakfast was the best memory we have of that trip. When she saw Jasmin, she just couldn't even speak to her, she was so amazed. Brought tears to my eyes. The moral of my story, YES CALL EVERYDAY AND OFTEN!! Good luck and have a great trip!

Jared
04-29-2008, 05:45 PM
I can't guarantee anything will open, but I'm always surprised by how often people cancel. I have snagged open tables at the last minute at least two or three times at popular, sold-out restaurants like 'Ohana.

Definitely call at least once each day and inquire until the day of the meal. You really never know what will happen.

:tasty:

castlelady36
04-30-2008, 08:51 AM
I have often called after arriving at our resort and called to see what was open and have gotten in every time. Not sure if it is because I am there and it is part of the magic???.....worth a shot anyway if your not able to get it before you arrive :mickey:

kg00616
05-02-2008, 11:51 AM
No luck yet. I have to keep telling myself to keep trying because it's hard to hear no after no! :(

katzctkpt
05-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Keep on calling calling calling. We have yet to do the CRT we have done the 1900 Park Fare and my children loved it. Try 1st thing of the morning 7 am est.

BigThunderFan
05-04-2008, 11:03 PM
We tried and tried to get into CRT for months. While we were down there last week, we just stopped at the concierge desk on Wednesday to see of anything had opened up and sure enough there was a table for us for dinner on our last night there! Talk about magical!

Keep trying and I hope you get it!:mickey:

Charlee
05-05-2008, 09:59 AM
I rang yesterday to try and get an ADR for CRT in June - I decided I wanted to add one more ADR as a surprise for the family and of course it was all booked up until the 28th July for breakfast and lunch! I knew there was no chance and told the cast member I knew it was a long shot but I wanted to try!

Instead I booked 1900 Park Fare - there was some availability when I called and got in on the date I wanted! Just call and call again and here's some pixie dust to help! :pixie:

irish1967
05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Remember, there are opportunities to see the princesses around the parks - so even if you aren't able to get into a meal, there is still the opportunity to meet and greet!

Good luck!