PDA

View Full Version : Snack as meals?

*NikkiJ*
04-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Just wondering what you all think are the best options for snacks that could be used as meals??:confused:

We too have the free dining plan...

DH and I want to pack as little as possible for the flight down and were originally planning on brining down some simple make in the room breakfasts and snacks, but if we could use a snack as a meal--either lunch or breakfast it would save us packing and more money:)

Also, are there snacks back at resorts or are snacks just served in the parks???

Any help would be greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

thanks!!!!

Friend Of Pooh
04-28-2008, 10:35 AM
We always send ahead a box of snack's to our hotel. We have our DS (2yrs) So we send his diapers, swimmie diapers, wipes, and little snacks for the room (pop-tarts, nutra-grain bars,pretzels)etc... I don't have much input for snack as meal. But I find it easy to send ahead anything we are not coming home with. It cost us $17 to send the package and I always send a week before we arrive. You can get the Hotel address @ info central from the intercot broad, and you would address with Guest Name and Arrival Date. It works great for us everytime.

cal5755
04-28-2008, 12:10 PM
I have not been this year yet... but last september in our resort (all star music) in the gift shop we could get a box of entemans donuts for 1 snack credit as well as milk (not sure what size but larger than single serving) for another snack credit. You could also get liter bottles of water and 2 liters of soda.

I am not sure if anything has changed since then in the resorts but based on last year you could definately use your snack credits for a meal. Also I think in MK you can use a snack credit for one of those huge turkey legs....there is a lunch. Better yet if you get a turkey leg to split and head over to pinoccio restaurant and get some figaro fries to split. There are a few ways to make a meal out of a snack.

SBETigg
04-28-2008, 12:18 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe I read on a Snack thread here that the Dining Plan has changed to only allow single serving items under $4 as snacks, which means the donut boxes (multiserving) and turkey legs (over $4) will not be accepted as snacks for DP credits. The thread on the Dining Plan (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180) at the top of the Dining Forum explains and gives some ideas on what may be accepted as snacks that fit your needs.

MickeyMomof2
04-28-2008, 12:22 PM
We took breakfast foods with us (like cereal bars), but the AS Sports had breakfast items that counted as snacks. They had cereals, muffins, pastires, etc... We didn't realize it until the last day when we were trying to use up our snack credits.

MuchLovedMama
04-28-2008, 01:04 PM
I have an updated list of the 2008 snacks & for POR it states:

POR:
Fruit bowl
Yogurt parfait
Brownie
Cookie
Carrot Cake
Chocolate Cake
Apple pie (danish)
cinnamon roll
danish
applesauce
mickey rice krispie treat
Ice cream cone
2 breadsticks w/marinara sauce
cup of soup
Milkshake
Bottled iced tea
Powerade
juice
milk

I'll be staying at POP & I see Cinnamon Roll as an option for us as well as fruit so I plan on doing that a couple times at least. There are many things in the park as well if you were wanting to eat there instead of the resort. I plan on packing pop tarts & a few packs of donuts or something like that for some other days.

:confused: Why do so many people mail packages instead of just packing the stuff? :confused:

Disneyatic
04-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Pinnochio's Village Haus in the Magic Kingdom has "figaro fries" that you can get as a snack credit. They are fries with chili, cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream :tasty:
There is enough for 2 people to share, maybe not a full meal, but definitely a large snack.

hlkeck
04-28-2008, 04:19 PM
I would second the poster who said you could get milk and donuts, and add that we got pop tarts because it was all under $4...it's seems hard to believe that the determination would be 'single serving' OR under $4...it should be under $4 period!

I'd call your resort and see if you can get a list like the last poster mentioned. We also stayed at Music and were able to find all of those great things under $4.

TinkiTime1989
04-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Pinnochio's Village Haus in the Magic Kingdom has "figaro fries" that you can get as a snack credit. They are fries with chili, cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream :tasty:
There is enough for 2 people to share, maybe not a full meal, but definitely a large snack.

Figaro fries are great! However, there is no chili or sour cream on them. Figaro fries have cheese sauce, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and ranch dressing. The chili cheese fries at Pecos Bills are good too. Both are very filing, and we've been known to have them as meals. Not the healthiest, but very tasty!