PDA

View Full Version : Did you Get Your Stimulus Check?

ncscgirl2005
04-28-2008, 09:20 AM
So the first wave of stimulus checks are set for direct deposit today. Have you gotten yours? Are you out stimulating or making plans to stimulate? I know there was another thread asking what people are "planning" to do with their money, but now that you have it in your hands, what are you going to do with it?

BW Fan
04-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I think I will spend mine in Disney World in December 2008!

Emme&TeddysMommy
04-28-2008, 10:29 AM
We are going to use it on our upcoming WDW trip in September. We can’t wait!:mickey:

crazypoohbear
04-28-2008, 10:30 AM
I got mine in my account this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know why I only got the 300.00 for one kid and not the 18 year old! The 18 year old costs me a lot more than the 13 year old does!

Gooftroop5
04-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Haven't gotten it yet suppose to get it tomorrow if what they say is true. Ours is going for the majority share of our portion of our trip tp WDW in December. Plus part of it is paying back my parents the money I borrowed from them.

YEAH :mickey:!!!!!

ljv1975
04-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Our money actually showed up in our bank account as a pending deposit on Saturday morning! We'll probably save most of it and buy a few things that I usually wouldn't spend money on like going out to eat at a nice restaurant.

Ed
04-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Nope, haven't gotten it yet. :nono:

But that sure didn't stop me from already spending it! :spend:

Just doing what the prez wants us to do...stimulate the economy!

And if I can stimulate my boating and fishing addictions at the same time, so much the better.

:sail: :shark:

Hammer
04-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Hmmm, my rebate has not been deposited yet :wait: . I filed my return in the beginning of February and had my refund deposited in my account by 2/20. Unless they changed the threshold for individuals from $75,000, I would have thought I would have my rebate, unless they are giving preferential treatment to rebates for filers with dependents.

Mickey91
04-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Where can I find the new dates? I still just see where I should get mine by the ninth.

Gooftroop5
04-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Hmmm, my rebate has not been deposited yet :wait: . I filed my return in the beginning of February and had my refund deposited in my account by 2/20. Unless they changed the threshold for individuals from $75,000, I would have thought I would have my rebate, unless they are giving preferential treatment to rebates for filers with dependents.

It still goes off of your last 2 digits of your social security #. My parents should have theirs today because my dad's is 09 or something like that. Dh's is in the next set of #s. I don't remember the ranges.

As for where you find out the most up to date info dh said their was something on CNN but when I looked it only said the old dates. I have been hearing it on the local news in the morning. They are hoping to start the paperchecks Friday.

Tiggerlovr9000
04-28-2008, 11:24 AM

They are going by the last 2 numbers of the primary filers social security number. The news said they are depositing 800,000 today, tuesday and wednesday. Ours will be used at WDW in 19 days.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jeff G
04-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Todays deposits are for those with SSN's with the last two digits ending in 00 - 20 who used direct deposits for their refunds. The original date for these deposits was May 2nd but they moved it us to April 28. The next wave of deposits is slated starting May 5th for those with SSN's ending in 21 - 75 and then the last of the deposits will arrive May 12th for SSN's ending 76- 99.

If you filled but didn't get a refund or received your refund via a paper check you can click here (http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html) for the dates you rebate check will be mailed.

Hammer
04-28-2008, 11:29 AM
It still goes off of your last 2 digits of your social security #. My parents should have theirs today because my dad's is 09 or something like that. Dh's is in the next set of #s. I don't remember the ranges.

As for where you find out the most up to date info dh said their was something on CNN but when I looked it only said the old dates. I have been hearing it on the local news in the morning. They are hoping to start the paperchecks Friday.

I found this information out after I posted. So, because the last 2 digits of my social security number are on the high end, I have to wait 2 weeks for my deposit (I used direct deposit for my refund). :(

BriarRose0708
04-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks for posting that Jeff. Unfortunately I won't get my paper check until after my Disney trip, but it'll be a nice mid-summer bonus to pay off my credit card!

BrerGnat
04-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the info! I didn't know that they had released the dates.

I will be getting my money by May 9! Good timing, as we want to buy a new couch.

DisneyDudet
04-28-2008, 12:28 PM
I haven't gotten my rebate, but I checked my account and got my refund! And that just paid for the airline tickets and deposit on our Sept (last minute planned) Free Dining trip!!

ncscgirl2005
04-28-2008, 01:27 PM
DH's last two digits of his SS# is in the 80's so we have to wait until next week. DH wants to do what Bush doesn't want us to do...pay some bills. :ack:

Jasper
04-28-2008, 01:54 PM
I found this information out after I posted. So, because the last 2 digits of my social security number are on the high end, I have to wait 2 weeks for my deposit (I used direct deposit for my refund). :(

Yep, you get to be in that exclusive club that is at the end of the list! My last two digits are 95 so even though I filed early and did direct deposit I have to wait until the end. Of course, it could be worse, since we did direct deposit we will get ours before those who filed by paper!

As for the poster who made the comment about the 18 year old, even though you can claim them on your return they don't actually do you any good. I don't remember exactly how it works, but I think the law says something about them being 17 or younger.

PeachyGal
04-28-2008, 02:19 PM
I should get our deposit sometime next week. My ss # ends in 73. Mine will be used for our Sept vacation that consists of a 4 day cruise and a couple of days at WDW!! :mickey:

DisneyWizard
04-28-2008, 04:16 PM
No but I CAN'T WAIT for mine to arrive.:mickey:

Jimenyfan
04-28-2008, 04:23 PM

I feel your pain, the last 2 digits of my DH's are 98.

princessjojo
04-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Since DH's ssn ends w/ 71 we won't get our until the 2nd wave even though we received our refund around mid Feb. But I guess it could be worse and we not get one or wait until the last of the paper checks.

disneygirlie11
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
My boyfriends last two digits are 15 and he didnt get his today, even though his tax refund was direct deposited...Weird

Tiggerlovr9000
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
My boyfriends last two digits are 15 and he didnt get his today, even though his tax refund was direct deposited...Weird

According to the IRS web site, the schedule says people who direct deposited their tax return with the last two digits on their SS number being 00-20 should receive their money by May 2nd at the latest. They did not send them all out today.

Dsnygirl
04-28-2008, 08:31 PM
:) We should get ours next week - can you say airline tickets for our Decembr trip? And MVMCP tickets... and room deposit.... and THEN yardwork. Priorities, you know?? :blush:

Mickey91
04-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Ours will come sometime next week!!!:mickey:

disneydeb
04-29-2008, 06:51 AM
We've not got it yet, but we will be using ours for tuition payments.

yippee!

ncscgirl2005
04-29-2008, 09:36 AM
:) We should get ours next week - can you say airline tickets for our Decembr trip? And MVMCP tickets... and room deposit.... and THEN yardwork. Priorities, you know?? :blush:

I understand completely!!! :blush: DH has his priorities all wrong. He wants to pay bills. :ack:

JanetMegan
04-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Mine is going for a long weekend in Panama City Beach-PCB baby!

CrazyStitch
04-29-2008, 12:13 PM
My last two digits are 34, so I should be getting mine next week. My family and I are moving at the end of May, so this will help with moving expenses, and get us a new washer and dryer.

And probably pay a bill or two :)

EllieMae
04-29-2008, 10:00 PM
I got mine today and DBF should get his by May 9th... ours will be going towards our Best Buy card to pay off the things we already bought to "stimulate the economy" :thumbsup:

hunnyluvsthemouse
04-30-2008, 01:07 PM
As of today at 1pm EST, we still had not received ours, even though DH's (main filer on tax return) last two digits are 20. Our taxes were filed by the end of February and were direct deposited into our bank account.

I even called the bank to see if there were any pending deposits to the account, and there are none. Hopefully, it will be there on Friday.

Anyway, we will be purchasing a a few things for home improvement and we are taking a trip to Disney at the end of August to take advantage of the Free Dining. We're staying at the Poly - YIPEE!!!!

prprincess
04-30-2008, 01:14 PM
We got ours the first day they were deposited, and I was happily surprised. But we're not doing anything fun with it--it's going towards new hardwood floors in our home.

joonyer
04-30-2008, 03:14 PM
We were already planning to stimulate the economy by going to WDW in October, but we have already set aside the $$ to pay for that trip, so our tax rebate check of $1,800 will be used to pay off the short term loan we used to pay our taxes, which were $1,750. So, whoopee! I will have $50.00 to blow on helping the US economy. That might get us one dinner out on the town. :shake:

elmjimmlm
04-30-2008, 03:20 PM
I am hoping that if the direct deposits were a week early then maybe the paper checks will be mailed early too...:mickey:

WDWRox
05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
I had heard that they were coming out sooner than anticipated. This past Monday, 4/28, I checked my bank account at around 8:00 and was pleasantly surprised to see that I had already received my $1200. Thank goodness my last two social numbers are 02. Unfortunately, that money is pretty much gone as soon as it hit my account, thanks to existing bills that need to be paid.

TheDuckRocks
05-02-2008, 10:42 AM
I sort of feel guilty saying this but we got ours back today and boy was i shocked!!!
I didn't file our return until April 14th.:blush: I know, I know being a retired accountant that isn't at all acceptable.
My money has already been transferred to my savings account as I do my duty by over stimulating the economy on a daily basis.:D

wdwgrl377
05-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh wow! thanks for the information on when the checks will be deposited!! I should get mine next week due to my last 2 SS numbers being the next batch!!

The money will be used for my WDW vacation in October! I'm going ALL out this time!! :D

princessgirls
05-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Enjoy the stimulus fellow Intercotees!

I wish I could use mine for a Disney trip this year. But it is not in the cards.

Julie:mickey:

kakn7294
05-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I checked the bank today and ours is scheduled to clear on Monday! We're saving it for Disney in August.

WonderlandsMostWanted
05-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Has anyone else noticed if theirs are coming a bit sooner than anticipated? The last two digits of my SSN are at the very end of the list, I'm just hoping mine will be here sooner than later. :blush::fingers:

ncscgirl2005
05-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Has anyone else noticed if theirs are coming a bit sooner than anticipated? The last two digits of my SSN are at the very end of the list, I'm just hoping mine will be here sooner than later. :blush::fingers:

Gosh...I feel your pain. DH's last two is the low 70s and I (cough cough) I mean we could really use the money right now.

JanetMegan
05-07-2008, 02:50 PM
My numbers are 57 and no sign of mine...

Disney-4-Me
05-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Mine hasn't come yet either but since it is extra money, we are using it for vacation.:cool:

Dsnygirl
05-07-2008, 04:57 PM
My numbers are 57 and no sign of mine...
Mine are 53, and I've not seen mine yet... I've also checked their "Where is my stimulus check" program, and according to the answer I got, I'm not even scheduled to get mine for over a week!! (They say they can tell you it's on it's way a week in advance, and they have no record of mine being scheduled yet. :()

I'm figuring it's because we mailed our taxes the morning of the 15th, and new info out says that the IRS had to have processed your return by the 15th for the dates that are out to be accurate. :mad: If I'd known that, I would've mailed them out a week earlier!

Oh well -- I just hope Jet Blue's airfare doesn't go up too much before we get it... :fingers:

Melanie
05-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Our numbers are 23 and we haven't seen ours yet. We may fall in to what Blythe describes. :unsure:

Jeff G
05-07-2008, 05:36 PM
If you go to the website I posted earlier there is a page where you can type in your social and it shows the date the deposit is set to arrive. Our number is 21 and I had my taxes filed by on 2/5, according to the website my deposit is scheduled for Friday. The system they are using isn't going by the lowest number(since 21 is the lowest possible number this week) or by the dates filled apparently.

Melanie
05-07-2008, 05:53 PM
If you go to the website I posted earlier there is a page where you can type in your social and it shows the date the deposit is set to arrive.

Thanks Jeff. I did this and our check is due to be deposited on the 9th as well.

But bummer, I guess they don't want SAHM's to stimulate the economy. We're getting $600 less than we expected. :(

Beast_fanatic
05-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Ours has pre-posted to my account and will post tonight. :thumbsup:

JanetMegan
05-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks Jeff. I did this and our check is due to be deposited on the 9th as well.

But bummer, I guess they don't want SAHM's to stimulate the economy. We're getting $600 less than we expected. :(

Ok now this is the biggest bunch of junk I have ever heard!! You didn't get $600 for yourself?? Are other people who don't have income running into this? I mean even people on social security are getting $300?

Hammer
05-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Ok now this is the biggest bunch of junk I have ever heard!! You didn't get $600 for yourself?? Are other people who don't have income running into this? I mean even people on social security are getting $300?

Mel, that doesn't make sense. Could it be because you are a military dependent (I'm just guessing here)?

I mean, my parents each got $600 and they are both retired. They got that because Mom's pension is taxed as income and it was more than $3000. As she and Dad file jointly, Dad got the extra cash as well. You should have at least gotten $300, though I would have thought $600 as I am guessing you filed a joint return.

Melanie
05-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Hmmmm, well, I'm not sure.

Maybe it's because James spent the majority of the year in a war zone and as a result we got a huge return because of all that non-taxable pay. That kicked us right into the lowest tax bracket. But his taxable pay was more than $3000. And yes, we did file a joint return.

That's all that was different this year. :confused:

ETA: Okay, I just checked on the IRS website under the "Where's My Stimulus Payment?" section, and it does say this -

'Your Stimulus payment was reduced based on your 2007 qualifying income, or it was limited to the amount of your 2007 Net Income Tax Liability.'

It kinda feels like we're being punished for my hubby going to war. :unsure: Of course, I shouldn't complain since we did get the big refund. :yes:

tinkerbell04
05-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Mel, that just stinks! We got ours today. We are putting it away for summer money since I don't get a check through the summer!:mickey:

princessjojo
05-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Where's the love Uncle Sam??? According to the schedule and our ssn ours should have been posted by today. We filed in early Feb. As of now, no sign of it. They don't even have info when you put in your # and number of exemptions. Who knows. It really doesn't matter as long as we get it...but I'd like to know when...

Jimenyfan
05-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I don't know if this info will help anyone but I just read the freuquently asked question about the stimulus check and it say if you used a software program and requested the fees for direct deposit to be taken from your refund than you will receive a paper check because the refund was actual processed through the preparers site. I used turbo tax and my refund was run through SBBT so it looks like I get a paper check in July. I'll just add this to the list of anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

fupresti
05-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Mine is going towards the Nikon camera I bought for our upcoming trip and the remained goes to Disney to pay down my vacation in December. Woo Hoo!

ncscgirl2005
05-12-2008, 10:06 AM
I don't know if this info will help anyone but I just read the freuquently asked question about the stimulus check and it say if you used a software program and requested the fees for direct deposit to be taken from your refund than you will receive a paper check because the refund was actual processed through the preparers site. I used turbo tax and my refund was run through SBBT so it looks like I get a paper check in July. I'll just add this to the list of anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Thanks for the info. This is getting pretty silly now.

So what if you're military and you used a tax software but there were no fees paid because it's offered for free. Does that translate into a paper check?

BrerGnat
05-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Okay, just wanted to post:

We got our money as scheduled, on May 9.

We used Turbo Tax as well. We filed electronically. We still got our money on time. No paper check for us; it was electronically deposited into our account.

I am a SAHM. We got the $1200 for filing jointly (plus $600 for our two kids), even though I posted NO income for 2007, so I think Mel's situation with her husband being in a combat zone is unique. Most SAHM's who file jointly with their husbands will be entitled to the $1200 per couple.

I don't really understand why this is so difficult for the IRS to handle and why there are so many discrepancies. I suppose it's the efficiency of our government at work. ;)

Chrisx2
05-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Hmmmm, well, I'm not sure.

Maybe it's because James spent the majority of the year in a war zone and as a result we got a huge return because of all that non-taxable pay. That kicked us right into the lowest tax bracket. But his taxable pay was more than $3000. And yes, we did file a joint return.

It kinda feels like we're being punished for my hubby going to war. :unsure: Of course, I shouldn't complain since we did get the big refund. :yes:

We are in the same situation. The way it works is a married couple filing jointly will get the smaller of two amounts...
a: $1200 or
b: the amount of tax paid in 2007

Because my DH spent much of last year in a combat zone, we only paid $1008 in taxes. So, we will get that back plus $300 per child. Most people will get the $1200 amount plus the $300 per child.

princessjojo
05-12-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't know how many others out there did this, but DH & I split our refund, having it direct deposited into 2 accounts, his primary checking account, and a seperate account we use for savings that we can't access for anything unless both of us are there to sign for the money. It is an emergency fund account. Well, if you divide your refund in this way, you are required to wait for a paper check as well.

Oh well, who would'a thunk it? But I guess what matters most is that we'll get it. Eventually...

Jimenyfan
05-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Okay, just wanted to post:

We got our money as scheduled, on May 9.

We used Turbo Tax as well. We filed electronically. We still got our money on time. No paper check for us; it was electronically deposited into our account.

I am a SAHM. We got the $1200 for filing jointly (plus $600 for our two kids), even though I posted NO income for 2007, so I think Mel's situation with her husband being in a combat zone is unique. Most SAHM's who file jointly with their husbands will be entitled to the $1200 per couple.

I don't really understand why this is so difficult for the IRS to handle and why there are so many discrepancies. I suppose it's the efficiency of our government at work. ;)

We also used Turbo Tax, however we had our electronic filing fee's deducted from our refund as opposed to paying them before hand. If your tax refund goes into your check account as US Treasury deposit than it came directly from the IRS.

ncscgirl2005
05-12-2008, 11:13 PM
We also used Turbo Tax, however we had our electronic filing fee's deducted from our refund as opposed to paying them before hand. If your tax refund goes into your check account as US Treasury deposit than it came directly from the IRS.

:dizzy:

I guess I'll just wait and see what happens on the 16th.

garymacd
05-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Okay, it took me about half-way through the posts to figure out what this thread was about. Then I figured out why I didn't get one. Must be because I am Canadian.

Bummer.

magicofdisney
05-13-2008, 07:21 AM
We got our deposit on May 9. Yesterday (5/12), we got a letter in the mail telling us we'd get the money on May 9th. Seems to me the letter would have come first. Anyway, the government is asking for a 6 week lead way if you don't get your money when you're supposed to. :D

wdwgrl377
05-14-2008, 02:37 PM
I hope I'm not being a pest by keeping this post going, but I've got a question.

A while back I checked this post b/c I was wondering if anyone posted on how the money would be distributed. I found my answer thanks to fellow posters. :D

Well, according to the IRS site, I should have gotten mine direct deposited on May 9th. It's now May 14th and have yet to receive it. My mom already got hers, and she didn't file until April 14th, and my best friend got her's on May 9th. This is all going by the last 2 digits of their SS#'s.

I'm now wondering if I did something wrong when I was filing my taxes back in March? :confused: This has gotten me a little concerned? SHould I give it more time? Any ideas? Anyone else not gotten their's yet?

ncscgirl2005
05-15-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't know anyone that had all the qualifications for direct depost and didnt get theirs when they were supposed to.

However, I do know a few people that "thought" they were qualified for direct deposit but didn't take other things into consideration (i.e. RALs--which I'll never understand).

Jeff G
05-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm now wondering if I did something wrong when I was filing my taxes back in March? :confused: This has gotten me a little concerned? SHould I give it more time? Any ideas? Anyone else not gotten their's yet?

Monica, click on this (http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=181665,00.html) link. Just about 1/2 way down there is a link that says "Where's My Stimulus Check?" , follow that link and you'll be required to confirm a bit of info. This will show you the amount you're receiving and when you can expect it. Mine said my deposit would arrive on the 9th and it was. Hopefully this helps.

ncscgirl2005
05-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Where's My Stimulis? :confused:

I know where......IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT! :woohoo:

It came this afternoon. Supposed to be deposited tomorrow but luckily my credit union doesn't hold deposits!!!!

Sorry Target...you can't get a penny of this. Nope neither can you New York and Company. Best Buy....yeah right; you get nada!

BP, Shell, Exxon?? Well....I guess I'll share with you since I need you a lot more than you need me. :ack:

murphy1
05-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Someone please tell me why they are wasting $$ to mail us two notices that our check is coming, what a waste of money to do that! And now they are saying that many of them have been mailed to the wrong people??? What a mess! We got the second notice after our check was already deposited!

wdwgrl377
05-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Monica, click on this (http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=181665,00.html) link. Just about 1/2 way down there is a link that says "Where's My Stimulus Check?" , follow that link and you'll be required to confirm a bit of info. This will show you the amount you're receiving and when you can expect it. Mine said my deposit would arrive on the 9th and it was. Hopefully this helps.

Hi, Thanks Jeff! I did try that several days ago and it should have been deposited back on May 9th. I've never got it yet. I do remember when I filed my taxes I know how much it said I'd be getting. My mom and best friend have gotten theirs into their accounts on May 9th, like it said and I'm just wondering where mine was??

merlinmagic4
05-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Okay, it took me about half-way through the posts to figure out what this thread was about. Then I figured out why I didn't get one. Must be because I am Canadian.

Bummer.

That is too funny! :D

IloveDisney71
05-15-2008, 08:47 PM
We finally got our check this week. We are trying to decide if we are going to spend it on fixing things around the house or taking a vacation. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Young@Heart
05-15-2008, 11:35 PM
We haven't gotten ours yet, but we'll be paper, so I don't expect in 'til mid-June. However, some people have gotten paper checks, and even some whose last 2 SS#'s are in the 60's, so who knows w/ Uncle Sam. :confused:

ncscgirl2005
05-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Someone please tell me why they are wasting $$ to mail us two notices that our check is coming, what a waste of money to do that! And now they are saying that many of them have been mailed to the wrong people??? What a mess! We got the second notice after our check was already deposited!

Thank you!!!

I didn't get my second notice but I bet it will come about two weeks later.