PDA

View Full Version : Camelot or Candy Cane?

Nekochan
04-28-2008, 07:35 AM
I have made ressies at the Candy Cane for my August trip, but I'm wondering about the Camelot Inn. It looks attractive because it is closer and there is a view of the fireworks, although the Candy Cane Inn is so very highly recommended. Any input anyone?

BronxTigger
04-28-2008, 04:45 PM
I can't speak about the Camelot because I don't know anything about it. However, I just returned from a great stay at the Candy Cane and I have nothing bad to say about it.

We did not use their shuttle once; we walked to and from the parks and it was about 10-15 minutes from CCI to the shuttle area/bag check.

If you click on my name and go to my "homepage", I have a bunch of photos from the Candy Cane Inn.

Nekochan
04-28-2008, 04:52 PM
well, it looks like I'll stick with the candy cane inn. It always gets great recommendations and they seem very friendly and helpful on the phone.

drevlo
04-29-2008, 08:13 AM
You will not regret staying there. It is our favorite "off property" motel. The rooms have always been neat and clean each time we've visited...and the grounds are nicely landscaped.
A little tip for you regarding the continental breakfast (which is a pretty good spread btw)...if you plan on bringing the food back to your room to eat, grab the tray that your in-room coffee maker sits on, and bring it along with you to haul the food back on.
Saves you from juggling multiple items with only two hands!

Cheers!

ChipnDaleGal
05-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I just stayed at the Candy Cane for the first time last month and I loved it. Gorgeous grounds, clean room, nice bathroom and very comfortable beds. We never used the shuttle either as it was a very short walk to the parks. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
05-07-2008, 01:06 AM
I have made ressies at the Candy Cane for my August trip, but I'm wondering about the Camelot Inn. It looks attractive because it is closer and there is a view of the fireworks, although the Candy Cane Inn is so very highly recommended. Any input anyone?

Don't let a "view of the fireworks" sway you. There is NO good view of the fireworks except from right between the Hub and Main Street. Anywhere from outside the park you lose the music and LOTS of the low level stuff right around the Castle that makes the show amazing.