PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe

the other micki
04-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Is the WCC just as "zany" at lunch as it is at dinner?

Tink2002
04-28-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't really think so. We experienced this when we stayed at WL. My grandparents had eaten dinner later in the evening with some visiting family a few days before we went, and they were raving about how rowdy and entertaining it was. We went back with them earlier in the afternoon for a meal and were pretty disappointed to find that this wasn't really the case at the less busy times. It could have just been our server, though. I would recommend dinner if you really want it to be "zany", though.

HndrdPrcnt
04-28-2008, 01:18 AM
We went for breakfast and had a great time!! Our server was wonderful and all of our kids were up participating in the horse races and passing ketchup around the restaurant. They loved it!!:thumbsup:

I think the key here is the server you get. We always make sure to let the host stand know that we are looking forward to "playing".:D

DDuck66
04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
We went for breakfast and had a great time!! Our server was wonderful and all of our kids were up participating in the horse races and passing ketchup around the restaurant. They loved it!!:thumbsup:

I think the key here is the server you get. We always make sure to let the host stand know that we are looking forward to "playing".:D I think that is the secret. We have asked for the treatment and have really gotten it and other times we just wanted to eat our meal so they put is in the back and pretty much cut out the zany antics. If you don't ask, sometimes you don't get.

Gottaluvgoof
04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I think it probably depends on your waiter/waitress. We went for dinner and our waitress was for lack of a better term, "A stick in the mud." All the other tables seemed to be having a great time, and for us, it was just a usual dinner. The people in the table next to us, were feeling the same way. The other tables were whooping it up and having a good time.

MsMin
04-28-2008, 12:04 PM
What about the food? I would love to bring my dad to see the WL b/c he's never been there, @ 78 I don't know how much rowdy he can stand. I thought it would make a nice visit since he had taken us to the lodge it was modeled after when we were kids.

CU Tiger
04-28-2008, 01:10 PM
We have been there for both lunch and dinner and I think it depends on how crowded it is and you CM. We only had one time in which it was “tame”. Usually my DDs have a great time. Somehow they always seem to get me up doing something in front of everyone?? It is all fun!!:thumbsup:
The food is pretty good. The all-you –can-eat has a good selection and is a lot of food. The portions of the other meals are a good size and we have never left there hungry. :mickey:

SgtTigger
04-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I like the food..... You dont have to get the All you can Eat Skillet you can get stuff off the menu....

The "zany" stuff really depends on the crowd..... If the crowd is into it so will the servers...... I have seen them run people out of the place..... I have also seem them back off if the person does not want to get into it....

:cop: :tigger:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
We went for a late lunch a few years ago and it was very tame. But we were there when it wasn't very crowded and the servers might have been all played out from lunch. But that was fine with us.

KylesMom
04-28-2008, 10:23 PM
What about the food? I would love to bring my dad to see the WL b/c he's never been there, @ 78 I don't know how much rowdy he can stand. I thought it would make a nice visit since he had taken us to the lodge it was modeled after when we were kids.
You could always request sitting in the back portion of the restaurant where it's a bit quieter . . . there's a nice little fireplace and it's nicely quaint back there. I agree, you wouldn't have to get the all-you-can-eat skillet, they've got some nice entrees on the menu which I think your dad may enjoy - without all of the "KETCHUP" stuff. :mickey:

MsMin
04-29-2008, 11:02 AM
You could always request sitting in the back portion of the restaurant where it's a bit quieter . . . there's a nice little fireplace and it's nicely quaint back there. I agree, you wouldn't have to get the all-you-can-eat skillet, they've got some nice entrees on the menu which I think your dad may enjoy - without all of the "KETCHUP" stuff. :mickey:

:eyes: :jaw: My dad drowns everything in ketchup recently... Is this going to be a problem? He has a sense of humor... maybe it will break his bad ketchup habit. In the past couple years he just literally puts ketchup on everything, even rice :sick: