PDA

View Full Version : Pirate and Princess Party? Worth It if not staying late?

Mom2Boys
04-27-2008, 05:21 PM
I wrote this out on another board but can't find it now. Thought I would try here. We are going May 5th-10th. Our last night there would be the 9th and Pirate/Princess Party is that night. We will have grandparents with us and the boys are kindergarten/preschool age. All the threads I read about the party talks about how neat it was staying late, staying for the fireworks late, leaving at 11:30! We won't stay late, one due to grandparents and young children and then going home the next day for flights and things. Is it worth going if we stay for a while? 9:30 would be about it. It seems silly to pay for something to go for only a short while. Do we skip it or go for it?
Thanks,
Paige

BronxTigger
04-27-2008, 05:29 PM
I think if you can stay through the fireworks, which I think were at 10 or so, it would be worth it. Otherwise, I don't think it would be worth the extra money. The fireworks are AMAZING at the P&P Party. Honestly, they were the best fireworks I've seen.

Ideally, you would stay for the whole party. I went to the P&PP twice in August 2007. The first party was on my arrival day, and I had to get up at 2am that day for my flight. I took a nap in the afternoon and then I was able to stay at the party until 11:30p. If you do decide to go, I'd have everybody take a nap in the afternoon of the day of the party so you will be rested and maybe be able to stay for the majority of the party.

joanna71985
04-27-2008, 06:08 PM
The P&P is definitely worth it!! They are so much fun. The parade is cute, the ride lines are pretty short, and the fireworks are amazing!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-27-2008, 06:35 PM
The fireworks are at 9:45... If you can make it for those, then I would go for it. A lot of people leave right after to fireworks, or so we have seen when we have gone (4 times now). It really is awesome for the virtually non-existent waits, the fireworks, the parade if you've never seen it, and there are lots of characters out. Plus the little ones really enjoy the treasure hunting spots.

OH! And they DID have candy on the 16th when we went! At the pirate's game thing over in Tomorrowland. Before they just gave out beads and stickers. But on the 16th they gave out ring pops. So yay for that!