PDA

View Full Version : Help - How to get to Boma??

kathiep
04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
We usually drive to Disney. We have really enjoyed the indpendence of having our own transportation.

However, this year, due to increasing gas prices and other issues, we are considering flying.

We're staying at the Poly so I know that MK and Epcot will be a snap in terms of transporation.

And, we usually only do 1 day at AK and 1/2 at DHS, so I'm not concerned, I'm sure the busses will be fine.

But we have a dinner reservation at Boma. How would we possiblity get from the Poly to Boma? I don't know what park we'll be in the day of our reservation and we usually spend some down time in our room before heading out for dinner.

Thanks!

wdwfan
04-27-2008, 04:26 PM
I would take the monorail from the POLY to either MK or TTC, then get on the bus for AKL. Do the reverse for the return. I would allow 1 hr. travel time. If your early it's a beautiful resort to walk around and check out.
The buses at MK are parked to the left of the entrance to MK.

If your at a park then you can get bus directly to AKL. then go through TTC for your return.

DisneyDudet
04-27-2008, 04:52 PM
The TTC does not offer resort buses anymore, so you will have to go to a park to catch the AKL bus (they only offer bus transportation).

You can either go to your bus area at the Poly and wait for the next park bus that comes by, then get on the AKL bus,or head to MK or Epcot (walk to the TTC to catch the monorails if you'd like), and catch the buses from there. Unless it is already closed for the day or is taking a crazy long time, the AK bus is probably the best, seeing as AKL is just a short ride from there.

If you are wanting to spend anytime at DTD, and you choose to do this before dinner, you can also catch the AKL bus from there.

To get back, you will need to catch another resort bus. MK is probably best, so you have the ferry or monorail as options back, but any park will do (make sure the park is still open!!).

Nini
04-27-2008, 05:11 PM
If the budget will allow, I'd take a cab. With the buses you just never know how long it will take. There are always cabs waiting at the resorts - there is a desk outside the lobby where people will hail one for you.

We took a cab from the Wilderness Lodge to Boma for a breakfast reservation and it cost $18 before tip.

Denise :mickey: