PDA

View Full Version : Castaway Cay Question

ECo
04-27-2008, 03:55 PM
My sister and I leave for our cruise in two weeks and can't wait! It is just the two of us and I was wondering what we should do with our day bag when we are snorkeling. Is it relatively safe to leave items on the beach or are you supposed to something else with it? It is not going to be anything valuable... maybe just some books, a hat, sunscreen... things like that.

Ed
04-27-2008, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, especially if there are no real "valuables" in it. Everybody on the island is either a passenger or a Disney employee; it's not like a coastal beach that virtually everyone has access to.

And there's no need to take cash or credit cards ashore; everything can be charged to your room cardkey.

Enjoy!

:captain:

DisneyDudet
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't think anyone would really intentionally take your stuff. I mean, there are some creepy people out there that might, but if there is nothing special or of value in your stuff, they shouldn't really take it. Now, the most possible thing that could happen is that someone pics up your towel, shirt, shoes, or other things by mistake. Keep things like your KTTWC hidden, but not in something that can be picked up quickly and thrown out. If you notice that anything is missing, especially your KTTWC, notify guest services quickly.

Most people at Disney and on a Disney cruise are good and honest people, but there are a few bad apples out there. If you are really worried, they do offer a few lockers.

ElenitaB
04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
If you're concerned about leaving your KTTW card with your belongings, they do sell plastic boxes that hang around your neck that are waterproof (the largest size actually holds my card and either my phone or camera). Two or three sizes of the boxes are sold on the ship and on Castaway Cay.

mouseketeer mom
04-29-2008, 08:43 AM
We snorkled with the stingrays on Castaway Cay and just left our things on the beach. The snorkeling section for this excursion is off the beaten path, and really only us snorkelers were there. While on the main beach, we just left our things on the hammock. Nothing was of value, I remember I didn't feel unsafe doing this. Everybody did.

bpsigler
05-02-2008, 11:12 PM
We just got back from our cruise on April 24 and spent two days at Castaway Cay. Both days we left our bags on the family beach, even went to Serentity Bay Beach and left the bags on the family side. All the bags were fine, left them up on our chairs. Have fun!!

Dixie Springs
05-27-2008, 09:51 PM
We were a little nervous leaving our stuff at CC, since we had our camcorder stolen at Expedition Everest a couple of years ago. However, as the posts state above, it is a private island - it's you, your cruisemates and Disney employees. We did leave our stuff on the beach chairs to snorkle, do stingrays, etc. No problems.

Experiment626
06-05-2008, 01:24 PM
HI everyone

One suggestion when it comes to leaving bags on CC while you go swimming or snorkeling. Since usually 50%+ of the guests onboard are castaway club members are will probably be using there castaway club free bag as a beach bag on cc day. It may be hard to find your stuff with all the bags that look alike, so I always bring a long a red hat or something bright to attach to the straps on the bag to make finding my spot alot easier.:mickey: