PDA

View Full Version : Attire At Water Parks?

RunawayRun
04-27-2008, 01:17 PM
I am visiting the water parks for the first time, and I am wondering what most people wear at the water parks. Do you wear only a swimming suit around the water park, or do most people wear shorts and shirts over their suits to cover up? I just don't want to look out of place. Thanks!

RockinRollerMom
04-27-2008, 02:04 PM
People generally wear only their swimsuits at the park. When we get there we will normally rent a locker and store our shorts, t-shirts, wallets etc. Some-times at lunch we will throw our shorts back on to cover up a bit, but certainly not a must. You'll have a great time!

BluewaterBrad
04-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Just suits at the park, but we bring a complete change of clothes to change into for the ride
home. You will be glad you did!!:mickey:

DisneyDudet
04-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Seeing as Typhoon Lagoon was founded by nudists, attire is optional there, while parkas and snow shoes are encouraged at Blizzard Beach. :)

Just kidding! For me, when I'm headed to and from water rides, pools, swim areas, I will just wear my suit. If I'm headed to the restroom or going to get something to eat or drink, I will most likely put my cover ups on. It just a comfort thing. I don't like walking around too much in just my swimsuit, but that's just me.

We used to do the water parks on our last day, so we'd rent a locker to store our dry clothes (and to keep them dry in case of a rain/storm shower.. they seem to happen when we're at the park). We'd change there before heading out, or even if its not our last day, because it can get cool on those Disney buses!

Magic Smiles
04-27-2008, 08:28 PM
We usually just wear our swimsuits around the water parks. Cover up clothing to and from the parks. I do however wear watershoes as I find the cement around the parks hurts my feet.
IMHO they should have a mirror at the entrance to the water parks so that people can see what they look like to others in the swimsuits. There is a reason that they sell 1 piece swimsuits. Some people really should wear a T shirt to cover up some of their skin!

SBETigg
04-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Most people just wear suits, but you can wear a t-shirt over your suits even on slides. Make sure your suit, shirt, or water shoes have no exposed metal.

Everyone told us water shoes were a necessity, but we went in August and ended up storing them in the locker because it was uncomfortable to wear them and the pavement was cool enough.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-27-2008, 08:49 PM
I just wear my suit except I put on my coverup for lunch. And a change of dry clothes to get back to the hotel is a great idea.

Tink2002
04-27-2008, 11:55 PM
just put your suit on and smile, everyone's there to have fun, and even if you aren't the most comfortable in it, everyone is far too absorbed in the AWESOMENESS that is the water parks to pay attention to what people look like. And do make sure you don't have any metal rivets, zippers, etc. on your suit as they're prohibited.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-28-2008, 09:05 AM
I wear board shorts over mine cause I got a big bum! But I usually just wear the shorts and the swim top. I prefer it that way.

To avoid the pavement, I recommend utilizing the lazy river for transportation. It's a nice, relaxing way to get around.

Man, you guys are making me want to go swimming!

mac badger
04-28-2008, 11:23 AM
the thing to remember is that a) everyone at the park is a stranger, so no one knows you or cares how you look and b) everyo e is too worried about how they look to look at you anyway. i remember when i weighed 100 lbs less than i do now and was convinced i was fat. i think we're all too self obsessed to worry about someone else's body.
most people just wear their suit around the park, although i see a few who have cover ups. also, you can always wear a t shirt and or board shorts to cover a little more.
Important!- a tshirt will not protect you from the florida sun, you still need to aply sunscreen underneath it

DisneyDudet
04-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Important!- a tshirt will not protect you from the florida sun, you still need to aply sunscreen underneath it

They now make shirts, bathing suits, and other clothing that has protection from the sun in them. You can also wash your clothes in Rit Sun Guard. It will last 20 washings, so it will survive a day at a water park, even wet!

Figment1988
04-28-2008, 03:47 PM
one thing about the waterparks, it's often a good idea to wear a rashguard. it's a shirt that not only protects you from the sun, but it also helps you from getting scratched up on some surfaces, especially with typhoon lagoon's strong waves.

RunawayRun
04-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Thank you for all of the helpful information! I really appreciate it!! :)

tracibell
04-29-2008, 08:15 AM
My husband and I were thinking of buying the UV Skinz shirts that are specifically made to protect you from the sun. Has anyone tried these out at the parks?

I am also thinking of buying the water shoes. I have pretty sensitive feet and I am pretty sure I will want them. Any suggestions?

Thank you! :mickey:

RockinRollerMom
04-29-2008, 08:19 AM
If you have sensitive feet, I would definetly suggest water shoes. My DH and DD couldn't imagine a day at the water parks without them. Me on the other hand could care less.

tys_mommy
05-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Are there any rules about swim suites at the Disney water parks? I’ve been to a few water parks that don’t allow eyelets on swim trunks on their slides and others that haven’t cared. Just want to make sure I can pack accordingly so DS and hubby can ride everything they want.

packofjedis
05-14-2008, 06:31 PM
We're heading to Blizzard Beach for the first time next week, and I'm pretty sure that no exposed metal or plastic on swimsuits is allowed. I've made sure our boardshorts don't have any grommets on them.