PDA

View Full Version : AKL ?s

playdead88
04-27-2008, 11:40 AM
we just bought into the DVC - our home resort is AKL - we have never stayed there - we just got back from a week at WL and loved it - not only did we love the resort we loved the location and all the options for transportation - i can see us staying at the WL villas without a second thought - our only con to the AKL is location and transportation - what is the AKL like? how is the transportation? will we love the AKL like we loved the WL? :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
04-27-2008, 07:48 PM
We love both resorts, but I would give the slight edge to AKL overall. The only big difference in transportation is the boat at WL to MK but that can sometimes include long waits. Don't think you would be disappointed with AKL.:thumbsup:

thejens
04-27-2008, 11:22 PM
I absolutely LOVE the AKL. I have visited and dined in WL and there is a similarity in feel. I prefer AKL due to the more exotic theming and animals. I love the restaurants. The pool area is beautiful and soothing and there are lots of hidden spots to explore. We drive, so haven't had to worry about transportation. I hope you have a great time!

KineGirl
04-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Ive yet to stay at WL so I cannot compare but I have stayed at alot of other DVC resorts and AKL is my favorite of them all. I absolutely love the ambiance at the resort . The only draw back IMO to AKL is that its bus rides are a little longer to the parks (except AK of course). But I also feel like this has its plus. AKL has a way of making you feel like your somewhere else all together. Like a vacation within a vacation. I was choosing between villas at WL & AKL this year and had to go with AKL savannah view :cloud9: My daughter and I stayed before the villas were built. It was my first time I have ever stayed in a more "hotel like" room on property (always stay villa or L/O) and was pleasantly surprised at how cozy and relaxing they made the space. Of course seeing zebras and giraffes right outside your window doesnt hurt! I would wake up early every morning to sit out on our balcony and have coffee before we began our daily WDW mania - and I am not a "morning person". I love the restaurants, the authentic African artwork throughout the resort, the unique gift store, the savannahs, the pina colavas :marg: and the huge fire place! I really think you will enjoy it there! Besides its not like you have to stay there everytime - my home resorts are OKW & VB

playdead88
04-28-2008, 05:55 AM
thanks so much for the great info! sounds like we are going ot love our new dvc buy

i find it hard to believe we could ever not be happy anywhere in disney world :mickey: