PDA

View Full Version : Crush n Gusher Question - Please help

DisneyMomx2
04-27-2008, 08:12 AM
We have been to WDW many, many times but never tried the Water Parks. We are going to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time on our June/July trip and DH is determined to get me on Crush n Gusher (or however you spell it LOL). Being a person that is happier on Small World then Space Mountain, is this a ride I should fend off or is it relatively bareably? I have done Space Mountain and BTMRR, TT, etc. so I am not totally petrified, but water slides aren't my favorite.

TIA!!

2MuchWDFun
04-27-2008, 11:42 AM
This is not your typical roller coaster ride....but you do have to hold on tight to the raft as it can be a bumpy ride (in a fun way!). We had a blast on it (husband was in his early fifties, I was in my late forties)! Try it once I think you will be pleasantly surprised! On a typical water slide it is all down hill; on Crush n Gusher the water jets push you up, that's why it is described as a kind of roller coaster type slide. On a hot summer day it will be quite refreshing.

Toodle
04-27-2008, 03:09 PM
We love it. It is like riding down on a big wavy slide on a mat - but, you will get water in your face - if you are okay with that then I don't think you will have any problems. It definitely is not like a roller coaster like Space Mountain and it is nothing like the super fast, long body water slides.

PrincessEmmasMommy
04-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Just remember to keep your rear end up off the slide or hit hurts a bit. lol
Enjoy the ride!
Jen

kaylamag
04-28-2008, 09:50 AM
I don't normally enjoy water rides, but i had to give this one a try, and i loved it. We went as soon as TL opened and rode each one without waiting in line.

mac badger
04-28-2008, 11:17 AM
there are 3 different slides on crush and gusher:the pineapple, the coconut, and the banana. i find the banana to be the tamest, so you might want to try that one first. and definitely keep your bottom up

wedway fan
04-30-2008, 12:52 PM
worth a try, though not worth a long wait. i was disappointed in how short the ride was. we waited about 20 min to ride it (myself and 6yo son) and enjoyed it, though we didn't bother going again. i'd do it early, say you've done it, then hit the other slides/tube rides.

mainemajor
05-09-2008, 09:19 PM
worth a try, though not worth a long wait. i was disappointed in how short the ride was. we waited about 20 min to ride it (myself and 6yo son) and enjoyed it, though we didn't bother going again. i'd do it early, say you've done it, then hit the other slides/tube rides.

This was the one thing we had to do on our last trip. After doing it we were also disapointed, not with the ride - it's great, but it's over way to quickly. Fun but I don't know if its worth the wait either.

dsnyfan001
05-12-2008, 07:49 AM
The ride is a pretty neat ride!! I dont think its bad at all. The rush of the water takes you up the hills which are not big at all, but overall its pretty cool. I think you will like it! The only bad part is having to wait to get on it lol! Have fun!:cool:

Davyjones
05-12-2008, 11:17 AM
My wife is one who also prefers a slower ride over a faster one, but after I finally convinced her to ride it, she loved it and wanted to go back several more times. I do agree that the rides are a bit short, but they are fun. I also agree that you should lift up your butt a bit during these rides or it can hurt more than you want it to. :)

Try it! You'll have fun! :thumbsup: