PDA

View Full Version : Oy, just how bad is DHS (MGM!) in the evening?

branvy
04-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Few weeks out from our trip, Disney went and changed the EMH for May 10 *:mad:Razzle-frazzle mumble-grumble*. Needless to say, with only 2.5 park days, we're running our schedule pretty thin. SO, now we have to visit DHS for our ToT run on a Thursday evening rather than morning EMH as we've always done. Hard to believe, but I have never ever been at DHS in the evening.

All things considered (i.e. nothing, esp. WDW crowds, are predictable), generally speaking what has been your experience with entering DHS in the evening? Lines insane, Fast passes usually gone, several hours out, etc? DH & I should be entering the park before or at 6 pm, and our mission (if you choose to accept it) is to ride ToT and hopefully make a 7 pm Sci-Fi ADR (yeah I know the food stinks, but we want to try the atmosphere). And leave the park around 8 pm. Can it be done on a thursday in early May, or are we hopeless and helpless?

DisneyDudet
04-26-2008, 07:34 PM
You may have to wait, but early May shouldn't have huge crowds. Sometimes, even around Christmas, ToT wait times seem to be low or managable.

If there is a Fantasmic, and you'll be in the park that time (and don't want to see it), riding ToT shouldn't be that bad.

ayeckley
04-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Actually, we didn't find the food bad at Sci-Fi at all. Anyhoo, we've never found the evenings at DHS to be particularly crowded. The live shows seem to end fairly early and I think a lot of the crowd leaves at about 5pm. On the other hand, Fantasmic! generates huge crowds with a lot of congestion when exiting. I'm not claustrophobic or afraid of crowds, but even I found the exit crowd pretty unnerving. You might find that your best time to hit Tot and RNRC. I'd wager those would be the only attractions with any kind of line after 5pm.

joonyer
04-26-2008, 09:40 PM
. . . DH & I should be entering the park before or at 6 pm, and our mission (if you choose to accept it) is to ride ToT and hopefully make a 7 pm Sci-Fi ADR (yeah I know the food stinks, but we want to try the atmosphere). . .

Actually, I've found some of the menu items to be very good. Stick to the burgers, onion rings and milkshakes. Those items have always been very good there. as good as you get anywhere outside WDW.

Speedy1998
04-27-2008, 07:33 PM
7 pm Sci-Fi ADR (yeah I know the food stinks, but we want to try the atmosphere).

Actually this was one of our favorite restaurants. I had the steak which was as good as a steak that you would get anywhere except the most expensive steakhouses.

The atmoshpere was great I never thought it would be possible for a Disney restaurant to be so quite.

As for getting on Tot in an hour, it depends on how busy the park is. If the park is busy the Fastpasses will be long gone.