PDA

View Full Version : Our Magical Honeymoon - Day 7 (4/18/08)

brewcrew26
04-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Day 7 – Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios

Well, only one full day left in the World. We slept in a bit before heading to MK. Today was the day to conquer the last two mountain ranges – Splash Mountain and Space Mountain.

First up, Space Mountain. Not being a huge roller coaster nut, I’ve only been on it once before in 1998. I just remember a lot of screaming as I rode with my best friend from high school. I did better this time around, not so much screaming, but instead, I was just huddled next to the lap bar trying to maintain my center of gravity. It’s really funny how in the dark you seem like you’re going so much faster in that ride, when you’re going no where near as fast as a ride like EE. But, I was a big girl. I made it through one ride. Off to my least favorite mountain next…

Splash Mountain and I have always had a love/hate relationship. I like the furry, lovey dovey animatronic story that relates to the Briar Patch, but then all of a sudden the singing birds and bunnies are gone and you head up that long lift hill to be tormented by a bunch of vultures before that tumultuous drop.

Again, the wedding buttons came in handy (or so DH thinks). The CM puts us in the front of the log. Needless to say, I was glad it had finally warmed up during the week, because we were soaked from the waist down.

Well, we accomplished everything in MK. It was time for one last spin on the train and some a leisurely stroll along Main Street. It’s always so sad when you have to leave MK for the last time. We got some spectacular photos of the castle that day since it was so sunny with clear blue skies. We even managed to get a cute photo in front of the garden by the train station. One of the few “couple” photos of the week. But, now it’s off to the Studios to experience Lights, Motors, Action!

It was nearing the lunch-hour peak and we were getting hungry. So, we made a “quick” stop at Toy Story Pizza Planet. The line was ginormous. But, we ended up finding a semi-quiet table outside and quickly devoured our pizzas. Surprisingly OK. I probably liked the crusts the best. Now, just need to jet off to LMA!

I thought such a popular new attraction would have more showings than two or three per day, but LMA! didn’t. Even so, the large crowd and being seated in the upper five rows of the theater still surprised us. DH was excited to see some burning rubber. I liked seeing Herbie the most, and honestly, some of the stunts were kinda cool, even for someone who doesn’t live for action movies. I thought the whole premise that they were shooting a movie was unnecessary, but whatever works for the plot. I was most impressed to see that they had several different “hero” cars, and that some were driven from the back seat, while others were remote control. Very interesting if you want to know some ins and outs of Hollywood.

When we were done with the stunt show, we decided to take in the Backstage Tour. I must admit that I was very disappointed. I felt that in the amount of space that they take you in the trams, you could have walked the distance faster. Besides Catastrophe Canyon, you don’t really see much besides the “boneyard” of old props. While I did enjoy seeing the bone cages from “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest” and the ship from “Flight of the Navigator,” I don’t think I’d do this again for a long time. I just miss seeing the old facades of houses that you used to drive by (eg. The Golden Girls house).

Finally, our time in the parks was up. Back to the hotel to freshen up before dinner. Tonight was our splurge. Off to Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. The ride to dinner was fairly seamless except for a little wait at Epcot for a bus. But, we got to the lodge a bit early so we were able to look at the babbling brook that starts in the lobby and then makes its way out the building to form the pool area.

We checked in at the desk and we only waited about five minutes for our table. We didn’t have a seat overlooking the erupting geyser, but we did overlook a cute little courtyard. Our waiter, Jim (I hope that’s his name), was absolutely amazing! He was helpful, courteous, and really helped to make our last night magical. His wine selections for our wine flight were spot on and he even knew how to recommend the perfect cooking temperature for DH’s buffalo steak. I go a lot more in-depth in the food aspect in the Dining Section, so be sure to check that out!

I was just so amazed at our experience. I’m glad we waited until the last night for this one. It was a special and romantic time that really took the whole Disneymoon to the next level for us. From the personalized menus to the complimentary champagne toast, CM’s at Artist Point (and across the World) go above and beyond to make your time a magical one.

We lingered at the hotel a bit looking in the shops. Our bus ride back to the hotel was an adventure, but we didn’t mind it taking so long since it was our last night and we didn’t have any pressing engagements. All in all, it was one fabulous last day and evening!

Bethis26fan
04-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Sounds like a great last day.

pdrlkr
04-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
04-27-2008, 05:22 PM
It was nice to read about your experience at Artist Point. We have this place on the list for our next trip and have only eaten here once before years ago!

Very nice last full day!

It IS always sad to walk out of the Magic Kingdom for the last time on a trip!

ChipnDaleGal
05-01-2008, 01:46 PM
I am glad to see that your Disney Honeymoon ended on a wonderful, romantic, and delicious note. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. :mickey:

wdwgrl377
05-01-2008, 02:55 PM
What a great day! That last day is always the saddest! Glad your trip was great! Thanks for sharing! :mickey: