PDA

View Full Version : Rachel and Emmy's Impromptu Trip Day 3

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Another lazy start. We got up about 9:30 and decided to head to Animal Kingdom. We got a lot done! We headed straight for Kilimanjaro to get FPs and good thing too, because it was already in the last hour of distribution! Then we went and did Rafiki's Planet Watch because Emma wanted to pet the goats...lol She loves the goats! We also took pictures with Pocahontas, Jiminy Cricket, and Rafiki.

Then we went to the Festival of the Lion King. Another must do on Emmy's list. She loves the show so much. We decided to do It's a Bug's Life... I had only been on it once and it was long before Emmy was born. But she wanted to go on it. And I am so proud of her... she got scared at a few parts, but she just closed her eyes. The rest of it she really liked and she loved "the bugs" crawling on her butt...lol

We ate lunch at Pizzafari (I love those Italian sandwiches) and then went out to watch the parade. We got great seats on a bench that had no room for anyone in front of the bench... so we just got to sit and enjoy it. Most of the characters came up to Emmy and hugged her and curtsied (she was Belle again today). She loved it.

Then we headed back to KS to use our FPs. And wow! I love this ride, because it is a different ride every time... but this time was super neat. We were riding by where the lions are, and the big male roared 3 times and the driver said how rare it was to hear that because they only roar twice during the day... once in the morning, and once in the evening and the fact that we were in that exact spot to hear him at the exact time was really cool. He was a gorgeous lion too. Emmy thought it was very neat too. Getting to hear a real lion roar--not something every 3 year old gets to do!

We headed back to the hotel after that because we were going to meet Uncle Derek at MK to have dinner after Wishes. We took a quick nap back at the hotel and then headed on to MK. We did a few rides while we were waiting to meet him...we did the cars in Tomorrowland--I let her drive. lol WOW. I was so sick after that, but she had such a good time. She was cracking up every time the car would bounce off the bumper. We did TTA (of course), Buzz, and Laugh Factory. We met up with Uncle Derek and watched Wishes from Fantasyland, much of which was closed off because of the wind. And we could not stop laughing at the HUGE chunks of fireworks that fell near us. It was nuts. And we had all kinds of soot in our hair.

We waited around a bit before heading out and hopped on the resort monorail because we had parked at Poly. We headed to TGIFriday's for dinner (I can only take so much of park food!). Very yummy. Then we headed back to the hotel around midnight and got ready for our last full day.

BTW: the weather was AMAZING during this trip. It was really really cool, but soooo nice to be able to wear jeans and a jacket and not roast! And Emmy was super comfy in her big poofy princess dresses. We picked the perfect time to go b/c the nice weather started Sunday afternoon and the cool weather was gone by Thur evening.

And yes, I do have pictures, but they are still in my camera on my card. For those that want to see the BBB pics, I have ones that PhotoPass did from our trip in January. They are really super cute. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures this time around because she had done it before, and she was pretty tired...so she looked doped up until the end...lol But I'll get that link up here in a bit.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-26-2008, 04:55 PM
http://www.flickr.com/gp/55707445@N00/00v09J

Here it is!!! ENJOY!!!

pdrlkr
04-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the report! Great pics! :smickey:

BronxTigger
04-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Those photos are awesome! Thanks for sharing them with us.

faline
04-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Emmy makes a wonderful princess!

Hearing the lion roar on your safari was really neat!

wdwgrl377
04-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
04-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the trip report. It sounds like another great day! I loved the pics! Emmy is so beautiful! Cant wait to read more!

ChipnDaleGal
05-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Sounds like another fun filled day for you guys. Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh yeah, another good day!!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
05-16-2008, 02:12 PM
That's really cool about the lion. I remember your pictures from January and I am sure that Emmy was just as beutiful at the BBB this time too!