PDA

View Full Version : Chip & Dale Campfire at Fort Wilderness...Yay or Nay??

HndrdPrcnt
04-26-2008, 04:19 PM
I was wondering what people thought about the Chip & Dale campfire at Fort Wilderness. We are looking at exploring WDW outside of the theme parks (as well as in the theme parks also) on our next trip and so I was looking for things to do outside the theme parks.

For those who have done the campfire, what did you think? Is it worth taking an evening to do this??

Thanks for your advice!!

merlinmagic4
04-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Absolutely! We just did it on Monday night (last week) and really enjoyed it. We didn't stay for the movie - too late for the little one. We did the smores and met Chip and Dale. The sing along was fun, too! We enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of Fort Wilderness in general and would love to stay there someday!

buzznwoodysmom
04-26-2008, 05:11 PM
My children loved it. We bought the smore's kits and they roasted marshmellows and made smores with other children. Chip and Dale stopped by and they danced and paraded around with the kids following them. We were celebrating our boys birthdays and they were both called up on stage for everyone to sing to them. There was a lady up on stage with a guitar and she sang lots of songs and did a disney song trivia game. She'd play a few notes and people from the audience would shot out songs till someone got it right, then she'd play the rest of the song and people would sing along. All this fun, and the movie hadn't even begun. I think it was definitely worth the time. How often do you get to watch a movie outside under the stars!

Just so you know there is also a beach side movie at the Beach Club. We saw this going on last Nov. There was a small fire on the beach and kids were making smores. There were beach lounge chairs lined up and a blown up screen. It looked like fun, but we had an ADR at Cape May so we couldn't hang around for the movie.

HndrdPrcnt
04-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks!! Sounds like this would be a fun relaxing evening for us!! Just what the doctor ordered!!:thumbsup:

TheMartellFamily
04-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Not to be missed. I remember going to this when I was very little. That was in the 70's. I could not wait until I had kids to take them there where mommy went when she was little. My kids love it too. You can buy s'more kits and be there for the Chip and Dale sing along and then for the movie. You can look on these boards in the camping forum and it has the movie schedule and times. Trust me it truly is a great time for all. Your family will love it no matter how young everyone is. Enjoy!

teambricker04
04-27-2008, 10:01 PM
We LOVE this... such a good option after a day in the parks. Last time we went our youngest was 5mo and slept in the baby bjorn and our 3yo roasted marshmallows. PERFECT! It was a great encounter with characters.

mudpuppysmom
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
A bunch of us went a couple of years ago and the kids enjoyed it thoroughly....my cousin though (who is not outdoorsy) said he would not go back. I thought it was fun, but I was not totally prepared to sit through two movies on the seats they had....I'd take a blanket or a stadium cushion if you can......it gets a bit hard halfway thru the second movie!!

You can roast smores as stated, but I want to say you could also do a hot dog too???? Can someone remember if they had hot dog "kits" too?

Tick-Tock
04-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Our friends just went on Saturday night and said it was a little disappointing. They were looking forward to the sing-a-long, but most people there that night weren't interested in singing and just wanted to see the movie. It was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which tended to draw older kids. So if you have a movie that skews towards a slightly older audience, you might have a different experience.