PDA

View Full Version : Our April All Star Music Adventure - Day 5

MOJoe
04-26-2008, 01:53 PM
After we finally got to bed before midnight, we get up early enough this morning to go back to Epcot for Soarin. I make the usual run to get fastpasses while the rest of the family gets in line for Test Track. At 9:30 in the morning, the wait time is only 15 minutes. Quite a change from the day before. "This is more like it," i tell Minnie. After the ride, Solo and i sit in a new Saab convertible, and dream. Mission Space is a walk-on, and we see the Jammitors on the way back to Soarin. We sit in the lower row, but at least we are in the center. And really, no matter where you sit, this still is a great ride. We get 4 more fastpasses after our ride, and eat at Sunshine Seasons. Minnie wants to see Honey i Shrunk the Audience next. Indy again objects. "The snake and that lion scare me!" "It's just a movie, Minnie says. But he still hides his face during parts of the show. But Indy then surprises me by requesting to see Figment, and describing the parts of the ride he likes. He has only been on this ride once, but he remembered it better than i did.
From Future World, we begin our journey around World Showcase. It is a beautiful, cool, sunny day. Perfect for a casual walk around Epcot. We have really been hitting it hard on this vacation, but this stroll seems to relax everyone. We slowly make our way through the many shops, and Indy finds a puppet he wants at China. We ride Maelstrom, share a funnel cake, and go back for one more ride on Soarin. This has been a much better day at Epcot.
We head back to Music, where something interesting happens. A group of highschool boys are throwing a frisbee on a grassy area near our room. As we pass by, i wave my hand at them in approval. The disc is then thrown to me. It is a perfect, straight, waist high toss. I let the frisbee fly between my legs, then with a sweeping motion, catch it and pull it back through. WOOOAA! They yell, as i toss the disc back. Indy and i then go for a swim, and then we all dress for dinner. As we pass back by the grassy spot, the boys are still throwing frisbee and begin to talk to each other. "Hey! Look! It's THAT GUY." Now i am officially over the hill. And many guys my age get sports cars, motorcycles, even young girlfriends, to try and hold on to their youth. But me... i don't have to prove anything. I can still catch a frisbee between my legs.
Tonight we are in for a treat. We have ressies at the California Grill. After we arrive, Indy and i walk out on the observation deck for the spectacular view. We are quickly seated by a window overlooking the Castle. This is a fabulous place, and the only thing better than the view is the food. Bill, our waiter, helps us with our orders, and even lets me taste 2 different wines. His selection, of course, was the best. For appetizers, i had sushi, and the boys had flatbread. Then Minnie had pork, and i had the steak. I tell Bill "This is one of the best steaks i have ever had." He tells me, "The food here is great. The only way we can mess it up, is if i drop it on the floor." We all split a chocolate cake, and are completely filled. This is a wonderfull restaurant. Head and shoulders above the rest...literally. And the best is still to come, because from on top of the Contemporary, we get to see the fireworks show for the Pirate and Princess Party. And a great show it is. Perhaps the most unique fireworks displays i have ever seen. A perfect end to a great day.
After the show, we walk back to MK and catch a bus to Music. This has been a very good day. Plenty of entertainment, a relaxed pace, and a fabulous meal. There are just a few more things we want to do with the time we have left. But no matter what we do, after this day, i for one, am satisfied.

Hull-onian
04-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow!! Sounds like you planned everything perfectly and you had a wonderful day!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
04-26-2008, 06:53 PM
sounds like a great day:mickey:

faline
04-27-2008, 04:59 PM
:thumbsup: An absolutely wonderful Disney day! :mickey:

Young@Heart
04-28-2008, 12:29 AM
What a great day! You have me dreaming of our Epcot day already. :mickey:

Disneywarrior
05-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Great day! Epcot really is a relaxing park. :thumbsup:Only 42 more days for me!

ChipnDaleGal
05-06-2008, 03:22 PM
That dinner and the fireworks were a perfect capper to a perfect day. thank you so much for sharing it with us. :mickey:

And kudos on the frisbee thing! :thumbsup:

cal5755
05-06-2008, 05:10 PM
What an awesome day!! Way to go showing those youngens who's boss with the frisbee :thumbsup:
Glad your dinner was yummy and relaxing!!

dolphinmickey9170
05-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Not only are you "That guy," but your that guy with the best steak in all the world riding around in your tummy!! YUMMY!
Thanks for sharing.:mickey: