PDA

View Full Version : Forgetting Sarah Marshall

pink
04-26-2008, 10:56 AM
I just saw this movie last friday when it came out and I wanted to know if anybody on Intercot has seen it yet! I thought it had a good handful of funny moments. The man who plays Sarah Marshall's rocker boyfriend was hysterical, apparently he's a big star across the pond but I haven't even heard of him before this movie. What were some of everyones favorite parts?:mickey:

NotaGeek
04-26-2008, 11:49 AM
MODERATOR ALERT

This movie is CHOCK full of adult themes and is definitely NOT INTERCOT friendly. Please keep this in mind while posting. This thread can go on, provided everyone uses a G-rated filter when discussing. If it gets crazy, for obvious reasons the thread has to go.

NotaGeek
04-26-2008, 11:51 AM
I just saw this movie last friday when it came out and I wanted to know if anybody on Intercot has seen it yet! I thought it had a good handful of funny moments. The man who plays Sarah Marshall's rocker boyfriend was hysterical, apparently he's a big star across the pond but I haven't even heard of him before this movie. What were some of everyones favorite parts?:mickey:
I loved this movie! I thought it was hysterical, and all of the acting was kind of cheesy, but it really fit.

I was VERY impressed with the girl from That 70's Show ... and WOW did she look beautiful! There was something SO different about her, I couldn't put my finger on it. Did she get a nose job or something?

2Epcot
04-26-2008, 07:30 PM
I was VERY impressed with the girl from That 70's Show ... and WOW did she look beautiful! There was something SO different about her, I couldn't put my finger on it. Did she get a nose job or something?

I don't know if Mila Kunis got a nose job, but she did look very good in this movie, and her acting wasn't bad either. Maybe she is just looking more grown up. The one thing that was still there was her voice ... She sounded good most of the film, but once in a while there was still a little screech of Jackie from the 70's show.

NotaGeek
04-26-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't know if Mila Kunis got a nose job, but she did look very good in this movie, and her acting wasn't bad either. Maybe she is just looking more grown up. The one thing that was still there was her voice ... She sounded good most of the film, but once in a while there was still a little screech of Jackie from the 70's show.

I agree 100% -- funny because the people that I saw the movie with said that her voice really bugged them.

AnnieBananie
04-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, my husband and I went to see this movie. We wanted to see a comedy and it was FUNNY! But, i will say - it was a very explicit movie. I was not expecting that. The reviews were very good, but I just didn't realize that it was going to be so "racy".

NotaGeek
04-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Well, my husband and I went to see this movie. We wanted to see a comedy and it was FUNNY! But, i will say - it was a very explicit movie. I was not expecting that. The reviews were very good, but I just didn't realize that it was going to be so "racy".

Funny, because every single review, preview and interview was about just the fact that the movie was "racy". There were a few people that left the theater during the beginning ... I never understand how people don't know when a movie comes out that is adult themed and they attend and then are shocked when it really IS adult themed, even though it's announced, advertised and talked about. :huh:

I am glad you and your husband did think it was funny though...

For the record, I honestly don't think it was any more explicit than many other R rated movies I have seen, it was just not the normal explicitness -- ya know?

Aggie97
04-27-2008, 06:27 PM
We saw this movie last weekend and thought it was just hilarious! I didn't think it was any more explicit than the other Apatow movies (40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad), which we also loved. :)

Disdude
04-27-2008, 09:49 PM
We saw it today. Fantastic. Oh course you could film just about any movie in Hawaii and I would love it.

mac badger
04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
i wanted to see this movie because it was filmed in hawaii, and it starred jason segal from how i met your mother (one of my favorite shows)
it was extremely funny. and i really liked the puppet show, i would have gone to see that show in real life

DisneyWizard
04-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I've been hearing good things about it. I guess I should go see it now...

pink
04-30-2008, 06:21 PM

It was rumored while they were promoting the movie that Mila did get some work done but even if she did she does look beautiful. I actually think she is better looking than the girl who played Sarah Marshall, Kristin Bell. On another note I'm glad so many people enjoyed it! :mickey:

Emily
05-05-2008, 08:41 PM
The ex and I saw this movie over the weekend and we laughed a lot!! :funny: I really liked it, I was pleasantly surprised. I liked 40-Year-Old Virgin but thought Knocked Up was dreadful so I was a bit leery. But it was really good! :thumbsup:

Jared
05-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Here's another winner from the brilliant Apatow think tank and proof that "Drillbit Taylor" was just a fluke.

Sure, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" is racy and graphic, but it's absolutely hilarious, with a nearly perfect cast. Jason Segal is definitely a worthwhile addition to the established male crew of Seth Rogan, Michael Cera, Jonah Hill, Bill Hader and Paul Rudd, and Mila Kunis was a revelation. Who thought that cute little girl from "That 70's Show" had that performance in her?

Like Emily, I also thought "Knocked Up" was a little disappointing. I still don't quite understand the fuss, and I've been avoiding a second viewing. "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" may not be "Superbad," but it is very good, and I look forward to seeing it again.