PDA

View Full Version : Using my 4 "free"dining credits help

Crow
04-26-2008, 01:26 AM
I booked for 4 nights in Sept free dining. Im planning on adding a few days when AP rates are announced & I have DDE
Places Im planning on eating at again:
Flying Fish
CA Grill
Tokyo DIning (they dont participate in DDP or DDE but do offer 10% off weekday lunch w AP)
possibly Artist Pt again
Do you think i should use my 4 credits for FF & CG or pay OOP for them w DDE? then use my credits for 4 other places?
Ive eaten at many places over the yrs

dizneeat
04-26-2008, 01:55 AM
Check the Disney website - Tokyo Dining is one of the DDP restaurants!!!

chick20679
04-26-2008, 07:18 AM
If you think you'll have enough time to use the credits elsewhere, that's what I would do.
Personally, I think it's cheaper to do OOP for the 2TS restaurants. Especially if you have DDE.
That's my :twocents:

Have fun deciding! :marg:

Kairi_7378
04-26-2008, 09:29 AM
When we have DDP for 4 nights we tend to spread out our TS meals over 2 Signature Places rather than at 4 restaurants. Part of the reason is that we don't want to feel full for the whole vacation, as we tend to if we eat 4 TS meals in a week. We like sampling the different CS offerings in the WS. I think that you can still save $$$ by using your credits for CA Grill and FF Cafe... not so much so at places like the Brown Derby. I'm not sure if you're more of a snack around the world for some meals or a "must have a TS meal every night" type of person, though.

Crow
04-26-2008, 04:35 PM
I dont particularly like having to be at a certain place & time for dinner but its necessary there.
I dont eat 3 big meals a day.
I do eat more than usual i find when at WDW & spend more for meals
i do snack & :beer::marg:around WS
what i might do is use 2TS for CG & OOP for another signature, then use the singles for 2 places. It would be nice to use 1 for Tokyo Dining, then again the sushi etc isnt that expensive.

Kairi_7378
04-26-2008, 06:23 PM
That might be a good way to go. Are there any one TS places that you haven't been yet? I remember from your winter trip that you only had a few that you hadn't tried yet.

Crow
04-27-2008, 04:01 PM
not many places I havent tried yet that I really want to. & I may be alone again so things like HDD or Ohanas might not work.
some I havent tried that I could i suppose
Ohanas
Narcoosees (2 credits) never wanted to stay at GF so I guess thats why i havent eaten there.
Olivias
& theres some places I could try again w free dining and not feel bad if its bad...like San Angel
Its always tough so many places....

Bethanymouse
04-27-2008, 04:26 PM
What about Kona or Wolfgang Puck? We found them last trip and really enjoyed them for dinner!

Natazu
04-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I hear Boma's good.

Seriously though, Kona is excellent, GFC is also wonderful. And if you want to try a new Sig service, Citrico's and Artist Point are killer.

Crow
04-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Boma sounds good:ill:
Wonder if I will ever go back
I have tried Kona & I do love AP
so would you say Citricos over Narcoosees?

Natazu
04-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Boma sounds good:ill:
Wonder if I will ever go back
I have tried Kona & I do love AP
so would you say Citricos over Narcoosees?
Without taking away from Narcoossee's quality and service, I do like Citrico's a little better. Gateau of Crab, creative Tuscan entrees, and one of the largest wine selections in Central Florida. Chef Phillip has elevated the level of quality at Citrico's to put it on par with California Grill and Flying Fish and that's saying something. In the immortal words of Jack Wagner, "experience the casual elegance of Citrico's, Mediterranean dining with a distinct Tuscan Flair".